Aug 30 to Sept 1: NewEgg Bitcoin Discount offers up to 30% off on Purchases over $300

BusyBeaverHP

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Info/NewsroomDetail.aspx?ID=1354&Type=3

To celebrate the expansion of bitcoin payments to Canada, Newegg is also running a special bitcoin promotion for shoppers on Newegg.com and Newegg.ca. On August 26 and 27 in Canada, and from August 30 to September 1 in the U.S., Newegg customers paying with bitcoin will receive a special discount of $75 off purchases over $300 or $150 off purchases over $500.

--- --- ---

For those who don't own bitcoins yet, but still want in on the deal...

How to get bitcoins quickly:

1. https://localbitcoins.com/
Arrange a meetup. Most people selling bitcoins on there has a 5%-7% markup from the exchange rate, due to time and effort involved in meeting and selling.

2. Mycelium Bitcoin App
An Android bitcoin wallet that is also an app used to find local sellers of bitcoins within your proximity.

Last edited:
Does this apply to items sold only by newegg, or third party items also? Makes a Qnix PLS monitor $245ish.

Is there an easy and quick way to buy bit coins? from what i have seen everything needs a bank account and like 4 days to actually get you some bit coins.

I want to buy a receiver, but I don't want to be waiting on $500 in bit coins only to have the promotion run out.

Is there an easy and quick way to buy bit coins? from what i have seen everything needs a bank account and like 4 days to actually get you some bit coins.

I want to buy a receiver, but I don't want to be waiting on $500 in bit coins only to have the promotion run out.
Yes, Coinbase makes you wait 2-3 days for bank verification, and an additional 4-5 days from the day you purchase the coins. Too slow for this deal if you haven't a functioning Coinbase account. There are ways around that...

How to get bitcoins quickly:

1. https://localbitcoins.com/
Arrange a meetup. Most people selling bitcoins on there has a 5%-7% markup from the exchange rate, due to time and effort involved in meeting and selling.

2. Mycelium Bitcoin App
An Android bitcoin wallet that is also an app used to find local sellers of bitcoins within your proximity.

I better put this in OP.

Last edited:
When you buy on Coinbase, you can actually get coins instantly if a credit card is linked. They allow up to $1000 worth of BTC per day for instant buys.

The rest still applies though... need to wait 2-3 days for bank verification if you don't already have an account.

This is a total pain. I have to verify with a mobile number before I can do instant buys, ok so I put in my mobile number, now apparently I need to install an app to actually get a code to verify my mobile number. There is a 3% fee using a card as well and possibly an atm fee is what it said. I know people say coin base is legit but this whole process seems so sketchy and like they are just trying to steal your info.

This is a total pain. I have to verify with a mobile number before I can do instant buys, ok so I put in my mobile number, now apparently I need to install an app to actually get a code to verify my mobile number. There is a 3% fee using a card as well and possibly an atm fee is what it said. I know people say coin base is legit but this whole process seems so sketchy and like they are just trying to steal your info.

Any legitimate company dealing in currency transfers in the USA is required to go over the top to verify you are who you say you are. Its too thwart money laundering and terrorism funding.

Passing along the credit card fee is nothing new, you just normally don't see it spelled out and the fee is passed along to all customers.

Good deal for those who bought into the Bitcoin hype.

daang. Now this is tempting to buy something. The only problem is, I don't need anything on newegg right now.

I've never bought/used bitcoins before... This is a good deal. Anyone want to quickly sell me 500 worth :).

Deal is live now...

Bought the Madden Xbox One bundle. $325 after discount and Madden fetches around $45-50 on eBay if you want to sell it. Great deal.

How do you get the discount to apply? I want to buy a motherboard but it keeps asking for full price when I select pay with btc

Anyone use this yet? Curious what dollar value actually shows up on your receipt. I'm considering possibly buying an EVGA video card, and if the full value shows up on the receipt, that would be even sweeter for future Step-Up possibilities.

I never figured out how to trade Litecoins for Bitcoins..

Try Bittrex.

Anyone use this yet? Curious what dollar value actually shows up on your receipt. I'm considering possibly buying an EVGA video card, and if the full value shows up on the receipt, that would be even sweeter for future Step-Up possibilities.
It was live in Canada a few days earlier; it didn't really work for video cards as you couldn't stack promotions. The video card free game promotions would make them invalid for the bitcoin promotion.

It works great otherwise for any instock, sold by Newegg gear including high-end CPUs, MBs, RAM, hard drives and SSDs.

Can't buy an evga motherboard because they want to bundle a free mouse :(

All orders fully paid by Bitcoin are final and cannot be returned for Bitcoin or hard currency. All returns will be made in the form of a Newegg Gift Card. All returns follow our return policy.

Umm, yeah.

All orders fully paid by Bitcoin are final and cannot be returned for Bitcoin or hard currency. All returns will be made in the form of a Newegg Gift Card. All returns follow our return policy.

Umm, yeah.

well, yeah.. there are no reversals or charge backs, etc with bitcoin.

Thanks. I missed the last 10% off sale newegg had on bitcoin. Ended up costing me about the same amount of BTC after 30% off as it would have during the sale I missed since BTC has fallen against the USD since then.

Got a PS4, extra controller, Last of Us Remastered.

Threw in a SATA cable that I actually need and hadn't ordered yet due to not wanting to pay shipping for one cable and acted as a nice filler to tip it over 500.

Down to the last of my BTC now and haven't mined in ages.

Got three HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB. Total was $419. Not bad for three drives. Now gonna start my NAS/VM expansion :D Came out to be about $139 apiece in the end. When the cheapest I have seen before was $160 at best.

This is completely irrelevant to the fact that newegg has decided to impose "no refunds" on BTC sales.

Buyer beware.

You are surprised that a company would make sales using a payment method that fluctuates wildly final? They do offer store credit for returned items.

So, how do you make it work. Trying to do Sony Rx100 III. Just shows $798

there's a promo code you have to enter at checkout:

BITCOINDEAL

all caps, said the newegg rep.
also, you cannot buy the newest i5 4679k with it because it is "bundled" with a sweepstakes code. It will not work in newegg's system, and the reps can't take it off. The other intel cpus work though.

Awesome! Just just got myself a PS4 + Last of Us Remastered + Dual Shock Controller + Sata Cable (filler as I was at 499.97) for $352 shipped Shop Runner 2 Day. Too bad preorders do not count else I would have put down NHL 15 as well.

This was my first time making a purchase a NE using BTC. It was really easy. Thanks OP!

I was trying to decide between the black and white ps4s before I realized you couldn't preorder the white one with the deal. Made life less complicated not deciding I suppose.

Umm, yeah.

That's pretty much Newegg's return policy now on many things anyway.

This is completely irrelevant to the fact that newegg has decided to impose "no refunds" on BTC sales.

Buyer beware.
NewEgg does offer refunds in the form of store credit. The reason why they don't offer refunds in BTC is because people can use the wild price fluctuation of BTC to game NewEgg.

Example: I buy a graphics card for $500, or one BTC. A few days later, BTC skyrockets to $700. I return the card, get one BTC back, and now rebuy that same graphics card for 0.72 BTC. A roundabout way of getting almost 30% discount.

This is why most merchants dealing in BTC simply do not offer BTC refunds.

Got 1 Bitcoin from coinbase, now I need to decide what to buy. Hate how evga x99 boards are currently bundled with a mouse I don't want :/

with BTC and many of the alts being flat and just plain pointless to mine the past few months.

Wonder if NewEgg knows something is coming down the pipe in the crypto world and wants to stock up for cheap via the sale.

I'm sitting on a dead mining farm (~20 cards) mostly because of the Texas heat, and the whole "im now gone away from house for 30-60 days at a time for work" no time to manange or care for said cards.

I have $600 worth of stuff in my cart, and they have premier shipping and such...but when I type in BITCOINDEAL it says I still need a minimum to use this promo code.

What should I look for to see what qualifies?

I have $600 worth of stuff in my cart, and they have premier shipping and such...but when I type in BITCOINDEAL it says I still need a minimum to use this promo code.

What should I look for to see what qualifies?

Make sure none of your items have a bundle or gift attached. Otherwise it those won't count towards your discount

Make sure none of your items have a bundle or gift attached. Otherwise it those won't count towards your discount

Oh ok, pretty much every graphics card comes with the 3 free games promotion. Gay! ;)

Wonder if NewEgg knows something is coming down the pipe in the crypto world and wants to stock up for cheap via the sale.

I can say with 99.99% certainty that Newegg is instantly converting the BTC they receive to US Dollars. Even if Newegg was sitting on boatloads of cash (impossible to tell since its not a publicly traded company) BTC is too risky of an investment for a business to put its spare cash in. This is just a PR move by Newegg to get some additional sales from those with BTC.

Back