Audiophiles and Videophiles.. I have a conundrum!

Pinipig523

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright...

37" Westinghouse 1080P LCD for the PC system vs Perfect Chair Zero Gravity listening chair

So, you all know why I want the LCD, but note that I am coming from a 24" Dell LCD, which is already plenty big for a computer monitor. But, I could use the extra size for when I watch videos, movies, or play my PC and 360 games. Only thing is, I dont gain "workspace, desktop space" since the 37" monitor will output the same (or similar) resolution as I'm getting from my Dell 24"; both at about 1900x1200 (1920x1080).

Anyway, the reason why I like the chair is because I've always wanted to complete the listening experience. So I have the front end and the speakers, but I use my computer chair for listening purposes.. I drag it out towards the other end of my bedroom and listen for 30 minutes or so at a time. I was thinking that maybe it'd be cool if I had a nice chair propped there the whole time so I can just sink in and relax with my tunes. The chair goes from no recline to FULL recline with a pull of a lever (under the left handrest). Several bigtime audiophiles use a similar chair.
1.jpg

2.jpg

vs
3.jpg

4.jpg

Other audiophiles with the Perfect Chair....

Fsarc, from audiogon.
5.jpg

6.jpg

Mike Lavigne, from audiogon.
7-1.jpg

8.jpg

Other popular audiophile chairs...
Pillowfight's Eames chair...
9.jpg

Lobnik's Eames chair...
10-1.jpg

11.jpg

Martin Logan Summits with an Eames chair... *damn you, you relaxing dude!!*... for stealing my system and my chair!!! :)
12-1.jpg

Note to y'all though.. the Eames chair is out of my price range - about $3K.

I'm sorry - an "audiophile chair"?

EDIT: You're leeching images. Don't do that.

those are some insanely expensive setups with overly priced "gimmick" items, like cables and interconnects and isolation feet.
But I like those chairs.

I'm sorry - an "audiophile chair"?

EDIT: You're leeching images. Don't do that.

Come on man, have some sense of humor. I'm sorry, we're all so serious on this forum, don't mind me.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, it's not necessarily an audiophile chair, but something I have seen a lot of audiophiles use, heck you could use it for reading or watching tv. Only thing is, usually audiophiles listen alone while videophiles usually watch in groups, hence the one-chair mentality vs the couch/HT seating paradigm.

those are some insanely expensive setups with overly priced "gimmick" items, like cables and interconnects and isolation feet.
But I like those chairs.

Hey now... no bringing up interconnects and isolation feet....

Chair or LCD....? :)

Edit:

DANG IT!! I should've put up a poll..... :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!

LCD!

I have the Westy, and I have a respectable headphone setup. I can enjoy my headphones just fine in my computer chair, and if i want to really relax I prop myself up in bed. The Westy is a fantastic screen though, and I couldn't imagine not having it.

I'd go LCD, but only because I don't think a chair will improve the sound of my music or make me more comfortable when listening to it (I have a bed for the comfort aspect). If I were to upgrade my listening experience, I'd do many things before getting a chair (like hardware upgrades).

Also, I bought the LCD you speak of last week and it's ridiculously great compared to my old 22" Westinghouse. I already feel like it's the standard size for PC monitors. That would have to be one helluva chair to get picked over the LCD for me...

Yeah, cables and interconnects are gimmicks. Real men transmit audio signals telepathically.

Come on man, have some sense of humor. I'm sorry, we're all so serious on this forum, don't mind me.
Hey - I just asked a question. You used the term "audiophile chair", and I was just wondering what specifically that entails.

Ease off the caffeine a bit, kiddo.

So I see most here say LCD....

I'd love to get the 37" though... such a nice thought to be playing games through it or watching movies and what not!

This is a TOUGH decision....

So I see most here say LCD....

I'd love to get the 37" though... such a nice thought to be playing games through it or watching movies and what not!

This is a TOUGH decision....

With the 37" Silvia looks......., oh never mind:)

i just got a BenQ 22" and i am wishing i would have gone with the westy after my 44" dlp took a crap on itself... could have been a backup and now i have no monitor for my HTPC :mad:

i use my couch for listening and usually lean over and take a nap while im at it.

i would go monitor. you regularly listen in half hour bursts but your pc may be in near constant use.

oh and FPS on a 44" is... well it just is :D im broke though so im going with the flow till a tv comes my way.

i would go monitor. you regularly listen in half hour bursts but your pc may be in near constant use.

oh and FPS on a 44" is... well it just is :D im broke though so im going with the flow till a tv comes my way.

You're right....

I guess my only thing against the monitor is that I'm satisfied with the 2405 and I'm wary of the fact that the monitor will depreciate in value over the next year or two.... meaning, if I got the chair, I can literally use that chair for years and not be able to buy a better chair for the money, while $1000 next year will buy me a better monitor than the Westy 37w3 and an even better one the year after... and who knows after that....

Hard, tough decision in front of me. I want to make this decision quickly because I hate mulling it over...

Back