Audio-Technica M50 Studio Headphones--$89.00 + FS

Wow that is a good price....just paid $97.45 couple days ago...and of course there MSRP is $160. I'm hoping they make a good gaming headset since the M-audio Q40's sounded like the right speaker in both pairs I tried had partial coil/cone separation (partially blown)

i wish the hd598s have bass like the m50s

Its more of a personal choice. I've owned 2 pairs of m50's and IMO the 598 has more mid clarity and plenty enough bass for my listening. But I also EQ and have a nice DAC and external headphone amp.

Either way this is a good price. Plus the 598's are in a entire different price bracket.

Yeah good cans, my friend has them and my only complaint is how sharp their highs are. A quick eq and it's fixed.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/26/audiotechnica_athm50s_studio_headphones_review/

We reviewed these here on the site last year. Great pair of headphones for the music, TV, and movie enthusiast, but not for the gamer.

Was it my store, as was posted above? Nope, just posting a great deal on a great product.
Not great for a gamer? I have been using my iPhone headphones for the last 2 weeks which was just fine, just uncomfortable. These will be more than enough, even for gaming.

Not great for a gamer? I have been using my iPhone headphones for the last 2 weeks which was just fine, just uncomfortable. These will be more than enough, even for gaming.

I use them for gaming and I think they work perfectly fine. To each their own.

These sound great but I ended up returning them and going with 598's because of the comfort. My ears would get super hot after 1 hour+ sessions.

mine comes in today...im planing to switch out the stock pleather pads immediately for some really nice Beyer Dynamic DT770 Velour Pads i already own. I bought them specifically for the M-Audio Q40s but they didn't work out for me....I figure 30 for replacement pads are nice to have no matter what set you have and i do not expect them to get hot using these pads:)

All i can say is fucking wow!!!! no good for gameing my ass!!!!! lol best dam headset i ever bought....total comfort, blocks 99% of all outside noise,bass is perfect, i just may keep the stock pads after all...fucken love em:)

don't hold back on us now.. tell us how you really feel. ;)

I love mine also.. I use them for movies mostly though. :)

Back