Audio-Technica ATH-M30 for 41.38

Damos

Gawd
Was looking through Amazon and noticed that these are on sale.

Prime eligible.

Link

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
IIRC, these tend to be in the mid $40's range most of the time, so the price is decent but not spectacular - these are priced about right. As reviews mention, the pads are kind of crappy. Its older sibling, the M50, is very well regarded for gaming/good bass type headphones.

Anyone know how these compare to the AKG K240?

I've only heard the M50 and K240, but the two are different beasts. The K240 was better for all-round music, but the M I preferred for gaming - more bass impact. If you have the K240, this might be a good buy (@ this price) for those few times you needed more bass thump.

k240 ought to be much nicer. It's in a higher price group imo (around 100, $72 right now on amazon though) and has a wider frequency response, but they're rated about the same. It's semi-open though, where the m30 is closed. That means it should seem to have a wider sound stage and enhance sound quality, but they'll leak sound a lot more. If someone else is in the room it can annoy them (same as speakers, but quieter) and if you're recording on a mic it might catch what you're hearing (same as speakers again).

Anyway, pretty sure k240 is a level above the m30. I haven't listened to either though, so I can't say for sure.

Edit:
but the M I preferred for gaming - more bass impact
Good point, AKG's are generally lighter on bass as I understand it.

I snagged the K240 when they were on sale monday for $62. Was just wondering how these compared.

Thanks for the response.

Last edited:
Back