Audio Sync Issues - Onboard Audio switch to dedicated card?

rbarr110

Limp Gawd
I have a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Prime that I use for live tv and dvr, in addition to the normal streaming services. I also use Plex for on the go access to shows I recorded etc.
I have a dedicated PC in my office that I use for TV that has a dual core Celeron from about 5 years and on-board audio, this cheap machine has ZERO audio playback issues on any source.

HOWEVER - my main rig has horrible audio sync issues with my own recorded shows, amazon prime, netflix etc. This machine is a 7700k on an MSI Gaming Carbon Pro, 2070 super, but is using on-board audio as well. Would a dedicated sound card fix the issue? It confuses me as other cheap PC's have no issues but my main PC does.

What OS on working and not working machine? Can you define "sync issues"? Is it the audio always behind or does it fluctuate to synced then delayed then synced? Have any enhanced effects on? Disabled HW accel?

If Windows, I would disable all the Nahimic bloat and test run base MS drivers for the chipset. Also use interfaces from the mobo itself, don't use any headers. Audio, Windows 10 and mass produced chipsets (realtek from what Im reading) with motherboard features mixed in is all about trial and error on finding the extra layer of processing delaying your signal.

If you play music, through whatever player - use the keyboard shortcut to pause it (mouse click is to slow). Does it instantly stop or delay stop ms later?

What OS on working and not working machine? Can you define "sync issues"? Is it the audio always behind or does it fluctuate to synced then delayed then synced? Have any enhanced effects on? Disabled HW accel?

If Windows, I would disable all the Nahimic bloat and test run base MS drivers for the chipset. Also use interfaces from the mobo itself, don't use any headers. Audio, Windows 10 and mass produced chipsets (realtek from what Im reading) with motherboard features mixed in is all about trial and error on finding the extra layer of processing delaying your signal.

If you play music, through whatever player - use the keyboard shortcut to pause it (mouse click is to slow). Does it instantly stop or delay stop ms later?

Both machines are the most current build of Win 10. The audio is a couple seconds behind the video, seems to be behind from the start. I don't believe I have any advanced effects on, but will have to check when I get home. No detectable delay in sound pausing with my ears.

make sure you dont have any odd settings enabled and maybe get new drivers from the audio chip maker not the board maker.

Well I got it fixed. I have been dealing with this for months...or better ignoring the problem for months. Turns out I I had previously disabled the Nahimic software some time ago. I tried turning it back on....and now no audio delay. SHRUG.

Back