Audio Recording Software? (besides garageband...)

hungryduck

[H]ard|Gawd
Sorry to bombard all of you with these...."what to do if I switch" posts.
Anyway:
I have been using windows for a long time and do a lot of audio recording (bands and such) through a motu interface; for awhile I've been using cakewalk sonar 4, and its fits the bill to exactly what I need.
When looking at apps for recording audio on Mac OS X, of course there is garage band...don't get me wrong its a great little app, but not powerful enough for what I need. What audio software do you guys recommend, that is reasonably priced, and comparable to cakewalk sonar? (As in, I'm not going to pay $800 for pro-tools or whatever).
Any suggestions?

Logic Express is pretty decently priced, and comparable to Sonar in a lot of respects.

I use both, actually (just upgraded to Sonar 5)

Logic Pro adds a lot of... well "Pro" features, which you may not need, but look into that as well.

If I recall Cubase also puts out a Mac product. (Nuendo?)

Garageband is great actually, it is a pretty complete audio software. But if you want to spend some serious cash you could aways buy Logic Pro 7.

Ableton Live 5 is what I use...it's a great program, and if you use a program like Reason too then you use both together through Rewire. They released the universal binary for it in april so it works on the intel macs. You should also look into Digital Performer....they just released version 5 last month and it's mac only(Also made by motu).

Back