Audio conversion help

Haven

Supreme [H]ardness
So I was given a bunch of audio files that need to be converted. I have two goals, first is to convert them from WMV to M4B (audiobook format) and I need to combine them.

What I have is a series of lectures that some people at work did, it was a series of lectures that we did for a client. I have a file for each person, and location. So I can recreate the whole lecture for anyone of around 10 locations. So these were created like an Audio CD would be more or less.

So now they want them put onto a bunch of iPods. I figured the audiobook format would work best, so people can pause, fast forward, etc. because this is what the people who want them for their iPods have told me they want to do.

Any ideas on some Mac software I can use to do this? I had some software on my old PC that I could do that with but I am now rocking the Macbook Pro at work, so I figured I should use that instead of finding the PC software and doing this at home.

These files are not DRMed so I don't have to worry about that. Any thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Audiobookmaker looks like it will work once they are converted from WMA to MP3. iTunes for some reason didn't want to add them to the library. Beyond that then I end up with two copies in my iTunes library.

I found a program called Switch that will convert from WMA to MP3, then I can use Audiobookmaker to combine all the little files into one big file with bookmarks. Then import it into iTunes and put it on the iPods.

Back