Audigy2 series owners: Read this.

E4g1e

Supreme [H]ardness
I've read an e-mail from Creative Labs technical support that the Audigy2 (plain) and the Audigy2 Platinum both resample audio to 32-bit quantization rate and 48kHz sampling rate (read: 32/48). The Audigy2 Platinum eX and the Audigy2 ZS series don't resample audio (as long as no effects whatsoever are turned on).

This is to blow the doors off of the myth that the entire Audigy2 series of sound cards don't resample digital audio. This myth is only half-true - only certain models don't resample.

Any agreement on this?

E4g1e

I agree.
emot-v.gif

There was a myth that the Audigy 2 doesn't resample? When did that start? I thought most people knew they still resampled, it was one of the arguments for non-resampling cards like the M-Audio Revolution. The ZS not resampling is news to me, I thought only their newest card they released for professionals didn't resample.

Originally posted by lazybum131
There was a myth that the Audigy 2 doesn't resample? When did that start?

Actually, I had made that claim when the A2 first came out. It referred to the resampling (or lack thereof) of 24/96 and 24/192 digital audio. The original A2's still resampled anything other than 24/96 or 24/192 digital audio to 48kHz.

Back