Audigy2 and Z-5500 Hum/hissing noise

shinji23

Limp Gawd
For some reason, my audigy 2 and z5500 analog connection is making hum/hissing noise and this is diriving me crazy. It gets worse if I move (Scroll up/down) the mouse. When speaker is not connected to the audigy 2, I don't hear anything at the max volumn.

From the research I did on this forum,

1. Groudning issue: exact what do I need to do??
2. Power supply: I have seasonic s12 430w which isn't a best, but very good psu.. i doubt this is the problem.

Also, my motherboard has the coax out put via AC97 codec. I figured since z5500 has the coax in, i decide to give it a run, but after install the driver, nothiing is coming out from the coax out. no digital siginal. how do I enable this exactly???

I am using windows vista, and i coudln't find a spdif passthrough or anysort.

thanks in advance.

It's something to do with your power supply from the wall. I'm not exactly sure but I think a UPS will help (not the company).

I dont know how vista is, but if you go into control panel, then the EAX Settings...or something similarly named like that, then you can turn on the spdif.

Thanks Viperman5000 and Viper16. I actually plug my computer power plug through UPS and now that annoying buzzing sound is gone.

As for the SPDIF feature for the onboard, I downloaded the new vista driver from realtek, but still no buttons for spdif enable. Eitherway since that annoying buzzing sound is gone, I can live with Audigy 2 for now until my next upgrade.

Big thanks again.

I have the same problem but I have it plugged into a surge protector. It's actually a battery backup but I haven't figured out how to get it to work. Any thoughts?

if ur case is on the floor and there's a carpet , you might get a buzzing in the audio, place the case on a desk and see if theres a difference.

Oh really?? I didn't know that. yes my computer is on top of the carpet. If I put some sort of board on top of it, will it do the trick??

Oh really?? I didn't know that. yes my computer is on top of the carpet. If I put some sort of board on top of it, will it do the trick??

try it and find out, i use to have mine set up that way and the buzzing was unbearable... its the static from the carpet getting conducted thru ur case, the farther away from the carpet the better.

Back