Audigy 2 ZS keeps going to default settings?

Gmok Bonecrusha

[H]ard|Gawd
Everytime I restart my PC or play certain games...My EQ is turned off and the speaker settings go from 5.1 to 2.1

I have the lastest drivers for the card...any ideas?

Thx in advance.

I HAVE no onboard sound, I have a clean driver installand myself and my friend have the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS, but mostly with the graphic equalizer and CMSS turning off by themselves.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? It's so annoying. Can anyone help with this? How do we complain to creative in force and get them to fix this?

hey man,

in the creative mixer application, under the actual speaker configuration pulldown, there's a box that needs to be checked that says something like "sync with windows control panel." make sure that's checked. that should solve your issue.

lmk what happens.

It IS always checked, and it does not ever solve my issue.

thank you for trying, and I am glad you do not have the problem I do! opening mixer apps everytime i want to play a DVD is maddening.

Ya...Its checked.

I've read the creative updates as I grab them...and it mentioned some fix for this a few patches ago...But its still happening.

Hey, have you tried searching the AVS forums? I remember seeing someone posting a thread for the fix to this problem.

there was a tip about going to Audio HQ under control panel, then select EAX control panel, and then in there select "Save settings automatically." i hope it works.

thx, but to be continued...

^^I get the same problem too, but I'm going to try what you just mentioned above me and see if that is the cause.

Used to happen to me, but with the normal Audigy2. Then it stopped for some reason. Never really figured out what it was, but those suggestions are good and I hope it solves it.

Back