Audigy 2 NX for laptops

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
Wasn't quite sure if this was more audio or mobile computing. But I figured it was relavent in here since the product seems as though it were designed for notebooks.

Anyway, does anyone out there own this device? I was contemplating picking one up to augment the shitty sound that came with my Dell I8600. (I notice this mostly in Battlefield 1942/mods). If so, opinions on it so far? Is this thing going to eat my CPU for lunch, or will it have minimal impact?

I would go for the ECHO Indigo. It plugs into a PC Card slot and gives you a line out and headphone out (amplified). It's considered to put out extremely good quality sound, much better I'm sure than a creative card.

Look around you can find it for under $100.

Echoindigo.com

I used one for a week. The sound quality was decent enough, comparible to my m-audio sonica. The drivers/software arent bloaty at all, and overall the product is nice

BUT, Im returning it. My m-audio sonica works well enough, even though it only has optical-out

Any one of you guys try the SoundBlaster MP3+ USB before? It's only 2.1 channel and I'm also in the market for a decent yet cheap one. It's $39.99.

Back