Audigy 1 vs. Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

redrocksout

Weaksauce
I just bought a TBSC at Fry's and saw an Audigy 1 right next to it for the same price. Which would you guys prefer?

I've got a Santa Cruz in #2 box =Tualatin 1.2ghz, gf4 ti, and some old but very good sounding Altec Lansing 495's [2.1 with the wood sub] and it still sounds dam good.

I think my Audigy2 is better for eax stuff but I really like the Santa Cruz.
Mabe it's just me.

When the santa Cruz came out, IMO it was ahead of its time. Music was its best strenght much like the revo 7.1 card is of today. It really comes down to what you are gonna use it for. If gameing is a must, I hate to say it, the Audigy 1 will sound better

All Reet 74 said:
not the creative card

:rolleyes: What a truly informative post.

I like both cards, but I haven't seen a regular Audigy 1 on the shelves for quite sometime. Is it an original (wow) or an LS?

Technically, the TBSC has a better DAC than the Audigy, but I prefer the Audigy because of it's soft(bloat)ware, and the general feel of it. Better yet, you can install some Audigy2ZS drivers on it and the advantages of controlling the StereoX2 that the original Audigy's do by default. The drivers from the A2ZS package are much more stable, granted huge, but far more stable than I've ever seen their original drivers come out as, and increases sound quality (not by a lot).

Audigy. :eek:

Duck-BOT said:
:rolleyes: What a truly informative post.

I like both cards, but I haven't seen a regular Audigy 1 on the shelves for quite sometime. Is it an original (wow) or an LS?

Technically, the TBSC has a better DAC than the Audigy, but I prefer the Audigy because of it's soft(bloat)ware, and the general feel of it. Better yet, you can install some Audigy2ZS drivers on it and the advantages of controlling the StereoX2 that the original Audigy's do by default. The drivers from the A2ZS package are much more stable, granted huge, but far more stable than I've ever seen their original drivers come out as, and increases sound quality (not by a lot).

Audigy. :eek:

Sorry sir. I saw a simple question and provided a simple response. Oops.

As a former Audigy 2 platinum owner, I was constantly irritated with creative's drivers as well as their bloated software.... not to mention the subpar performance of the card. Switching to my Delta has been an incredible improvement in all ways. Music sounds loads better (noise is non existant), I can record at true 24bit and the drivers are flawless.

My expierence with Creative wasn't exactly pleasant so I choose not to reccomend them. You clearly feel differently. Very well.

Back