Audi Unveils an Electric SUV Called the E-Tron

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Audi has unveiled their electric SUV called the e-tron which has a starting MSRP of $74,800. The eco-friendly SUV boasts of a 95 kWh battery but no driving range was given. Audi has teamed up with Amazon Home Services to sell home chargers for $1,000 to customers in addition to scheduling an electrician to install the charger. Electrify America is expected to have installed 2,000 chargers across America by mid 2019.

Tesla has developed its own network of Supercharger charging stations with more than 11,000 chargers in North America. Electrify America plans to have 2,000 chargers installed by mid-June next year. Those will be open to any vehicle, and customers can swipe a credit card to recharge. "We want to work with all" automotive brands, said Giovanni Palazzo, Electrify America's chief executive.

Last edited:
Edit: fixed
I post the forum thread and then edit that link into the front page post. Then I double check everything one more time before going live on the front page. You caught me in the middle of doing that. :)

Finally a decent looking electric car! I might think about one in 5 years when charging stations become commonplace.

Do the chargers work with all the vehicle brands?
It should work with everything except Tesla (you can buy a plug adapter and software update from Tesla to make your model S/3/X compliant with the standardized chargers though)

UBS already saying its behind Tesla in tech, they just don't seem be favorable to electric cars in general.

Price tags of $75K + for an EV? They still don't want to have people switch to electric vehicles...... I don't want to plunk down half of what I owe on my house to drive around just because its an EV.
Telsa is struggling to get the $35K vehicle out and these guys want a huge amount of money for their unproven track record in the sector.

If they offered the proper 'e-tron' for 75k, would be interested.

audi-r18-e-tron-quattro-4-24-heures-du-mans-2013-test-day-ixo-lmm242.jpg

Another freakin' fugly SUV? No, thanks.

Price tags of $75K + for an EV? They still don't want to have people switch to electric vehicles...... I don't want to plunk down half of what I owe on my house to drive around just because its an EV.
Telsa is struggling to get the $35K vehicle out and these guys want a huge amount of money for their unproven track record in the sector.
It's cheaper than the Tesla model X (a LOT cheaper with similar specs), looks significantly better, and you don't have that nagging worry that Audi will go belly up in the next few years leaving you searching scrapyards for spare parts. That said, they won't say anything that isn't stupid marketing bs about range like a comparison between the e tron / model x / and i pace - how far can you travel after 30 minutes of charging? Of course the e tron figures are based on 150KW charging, the tesla 120KW, and the Jag is at 100KW... So yeah, really surprised the Audi "has more range."

If you want a cheap EV go snag a bolt or a leaf. And Tesla isn't "struggling" they just aren't releasing it because they need to make more money before they can afford to sell something with tiny margins (and that's assuming they actually sell it, they might decide to skip the "cheap" one like they did with the model S.)

Eco friendly yet still uses batteries with super rare minerals and can barely be recycled. I will stick to my combustion engines until better battery tech is out.

Back