ATTN BF2 Players: [H] BF2 Weekends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as a good ranked server to use alot..it would be great to see alot of the Hard Fellas hitting up the Servers on BFG Gaming ...

I Admin them along with another from the Boards here..His Name Is Battlemaster...and he has 3 Ranked BF2 Servers...that he runs.

One is a 24/7 Wake Server, the other 2 are a Special Forces... and a General All Maps Server...

It would be great to see one of those servers become a weekend home of HardGamers.

If you guys were wanting certain configs..say EF maps with others..Im sure it can be done..just say the word..see what I can do.

check em out here www.bfggaming.com

Hogan.

So it be 30 dollars a person and this will cover the span of one year? I like this idea, will give me a reason to play BF2 and get my rank up!! Will also give me something to do during the summer weekends. I will join this plan of yours, so just let me know what is going on.

Going offtopic, wonder how much it be to rent a Quake Wars server when it comes out? We definetely are going to need a Official [H] server for that game!!

Im down for the 30 bucks for a year,thats pretty cheap considering its less than the new game most of us would buy next.

If you want a one off weekend I have a 64 Player Ranked Server. It is based in the UK but pings are still under 200 for a lot of US based folks.

Crucially however it is mine so I can do what I like with it.

If you want to do this let me know.

Just look up "KIA Public Server 01: Multiplay - Ranked" in your server results list if you want to try it out first but I have absolutely no problem with you guys having it for a weekend. it's got corresponding Teamspeak server as well but that's sort of full so I probably can't get you all on, all the KIA WoW peeps steal it off me :)

Would be a good crack I reckon

Ok people we got a lot of options here.

SOUND OFF! Let me know how you want to do this, majority rules.

I liked the idea where people pitch in and pay for the server. The server is open to the public during the week. When we plan a [H] BF2 event, only the people who payed will be given the password and then it be a first come first serve situation if more than 64 people pay for this server.

That brings up another question. What if more than 64 people are willing to pay for this server? Only the first 64 people who volunteer to pay and do pay will be given access? That kinda isnt fair though, as if 70 people are willing to pay and those 6 people get cut and cant play on these weekends.

I dont believe you can password ranked servers....

If you do password it..it becomes a non ranked server....I believe its parts of EA TOS as far as Ranked servers go.

He is correct, it is too cut out stat padding.

But we can always admin kick if needed.

Col, YGPM.

Yep, that's what I was saying earlier. Passworded server = unranked . . .

Sounds like a good plan. Some things to think about though.

Do we really want a 64 man server? I've found that you have alot better games on servers that are 50 man or smaller.

If we could find 30 people to pony up 10 bucks a month we would have more than enough to get a ranked server.

The first step should be someone (probably Rich) setting up a paypal account to take donations and then go from there.

I have a Teamspeak server I would be willing to let people use and I would be willing to chip in 10 a month.

I have a myriad of things going through my head right now on this thread.

There are a few questions I have dispatched that will need answering and then we'll proceed.

Keep the feedback and thoughts coming though.

I would help pay for the server but I dont have a bank acount yet and im still paying off my own debts :( I can help admin the server if wanted

ScreamingBroccoli said:
With so many free options from fellow [H]ers why are we still talking about buying one?

What exactly are our free options?

The Hypernia servers come with free TS servers - FYI. I believe they can do vent too but I never tried it.

If this does go down, I think it will be full most of the time as there are a lot of [H]'ers out there that play BF2. I'd definitely make it a point to join whenever I can. As for map rotations; these are the maps that I think should be in there:

Wake Island
Karkland
Sharqi
Gulf of Oman
Dalian Plant
Mashtuur City (? - not sure if this one is popular anymore, I find myself liking it less and less)
Kubra Dam (? - this one would be good if the server is loaded but not good if it's empty, something to consider)

All maps should be set to 64.

How much is it to rent for a year? I believe Hypernia gives you a break if you put down all the money in the beginning for a year and sign a contract of some sort.

BTW - Hypernia gives you Remote Desktop access to the server (admins get the ccdameon client for kicking/banning and setting up the server) meaning you can shut down the BF2 server whenever you please and put whatever game you want on it. They can do it for you too if you'd like. They also come preloaded with steam for all you CS/HL fans. I believe we should go with hypernia because of all the possibilities and we can swap out games at anytime as more become popular.

Hypernia sounds like a bad ass deal. Im deffinately down with that.

$30 isnt too bad, but I agree with that 'What if more than XX amount of people sign up and we cant fit them on the map?' question.

Count me in either way, I'm totally willing to cough up the 30 bones if necessary. I love me some BF2 and I'll be more than happy to kill the crap outta you bastards! :D

lets start the list of willing people that will pay the $30 i like the idea of ranked, stats unlocks etc...

add me to the list, i dont see this being a problem if we have 64+ ppl we may have to get 2 SERVERS!!!!! but im not sure there are 128 people here that play but how knows, but then again not everyone has to be from Hardforum, my bro could play and is associated through me and would pay to play.

is $30 a month?

Col_Hogan said:
As far as a good ranked server to use alot..it would be great to see alot of the Hard Fellas hitting up the Servers on BFG Gaming ...

I Admin them along with another from the Boards here..His Name Is Battlemaster...and he has 3 Ranked BF2 Servers...that he runs.

One is a 24/7 Wake Server, the other 2 are a Special Forces... and a General All Maps Server...

It would be great to see one of those servers become a weekend home of HardGamers.

If you guys were wanting certain configs..say EF maps with others..Im sure it can be done..just say the word..see what I can do.

Hogan.

This seems like the way to go, it sure beats paying money for something that people may lose interest in after a couple of months of playing. If it becomes something big, then we talk about buying a server and bandwidth.

Col_Hogan said:

Hogan.

Hogan directed me to this thread, and building on what he said, I'd be happy to do reserved slots for anyone from these boards that would be a regular on our servers. I'm also open to suggested changes, map rotations modifications, and potentially adding more server admins should the demand be justified.

Hello all BF2'ers from Hardforums, I am a regular poster here and I am also a resident BF2 whore as you can see with my signature that im going to post.

We run a 64 man friendly fire off Special Forces Server, and a 64 man friendly fire off Vanilla (regular bf2) server. Through Hypernia, if you want to know the server costs you can go to Hypernia.com and discuss that with them. I am not here to explain how to run a server just thought it would be cool to have some more regular pubs playing in our sever while saving you the cost of investing in your own server. Its quite expensive and due to responsible admins on our server we keep ours a float. We just purchased this upgraded server from the 48 slot server we ran through trinity.

More freedom over our server, the ability to run multiple servers with multiple slots and the networking is a lot smoother with Hypernia.

We are the featured servers of bf2player.com if anyone browses over there for stats and are always looking for new recruits, not necessarily having to own a honda for obvious reasons.

You dont need to join our clan to play there and the HARDFORUM is more than welcome to become regulars in our pubs.

Both servers are ranked and feature VOIP

The Vanilla server runs Karkand 64/32 every other map the rotation is as follows:
Karkand 64
Wake Island 2007 64
Karkand 32
Sharqi 64
Karkand 64
Gulf of Oman 64
Karkand 32
Mashtuur 32
Karkand 64
Dalian Plant 64
Karkand 32
Daquing Oilfields 32
Karkand 64
Kubra 32

For those of you who have a hard on for Special Forces then the map list for our SF server is as follows:
Warlord 64
Ghost Town 64
Warlord 64
Devils Perch 32
Warlord 64
Mass Destruction 64
Warlord 64
Iron Gator 64
Warlord 64
Leviathan 32
Warlord 64
Surge 64

The SF server is usually packed and luckily with no problem all of our pubs have migrated over to our new server and its pretty full right now on a sunday evening.

If you guys would like to come on by and play in our servers I would love to have any and all of you as guests, if you have Xfire then you can add us to your buddy lists.

www.htblackops.com

Again im not trying to sell you guys anything but we were in the same boat as you and eventually we got the player base to afford these upgraded servers and all I want to do is populate them. And it sounds like you guys are looking for a home.

Anyone gives you any shit you tell them 137 referred you to the servers. You act like an asshat then you're gone. But we rarely ban or kick anyone.

Fun gaming guys and good luck with whichever method you choose to follow.

BattleMaster said:
Hogan directed me to this thread, and building on what he said, I'd be happy to do reserved slots for anyone from these boards that would be a regular on our servers. I'm also open to suggested changes, map rotations modifications, and potentially adding more server admins should the demand be justified.

heres the ips for the servers so no need to surf.

70.86.86.250:16567
Dalian Plant, Daqing Oil Fields, Dragon Valley, Fushe Pass, Gulf of Oman, Kubra Dam, Mashtuur City, Sharqi Peninsula, Strike at Karkand, Wake Island 2007, Zatar Wetlands

70.86.86.254:16567 24/7 wake ranked

see u there. i hope u guys have admins or auto kick or ban for TK whores. guy other night forgot what server but kept saying i dont care if i get banned its not perm. and was a real asshat, then i looked at his ping and i see why, he cant play and his rank sucked, ping was 175, i heckled him about it and told him to get a job and get off daddy pc and get rid of 56k.

I'd like to thank everyone who volunteered their servers! It's really cool of you guys to step up and offer us a place to play on the weekends.

Honestly, this may be our best route, I don't think we could honestly get enough people who would want to donate money.

I'm going to take down these server addresses and check them out this week.

Rich said it.
Everybody is hyped up about the idea of having [H] Server by donating and stuff but in the end we wouldn't get enough people to contribute in. I'm just a BF2 player, but I did contribute with a group we chipped in and all but it didn't last long, people loose interest and stuff. My idea is to just get around, collect all in-game nicks and use Server mentioned above from guys who would help out and just see how many people are really interested and not only get hype about it.
I also have an idea for those who are not in clans or are even in clan and willing to put [H] in front of their in-game tags so we know who came from [H] boards.

^^Agreed Bazy 100%.

None of us have the time to dedicate to a fulltime server and I'd hate to have people pony up their money and lose out.

I'm going to check into all the servers this week, maybe today even.

Maybe we'll try for a BFG server for Sat and/or Sun.

Check out www.trinitygaming.com. I have played on a lot of trinitygaming 64 man servers. They have given me great pings and smooth play for both midwest and east coast friends. I am not associated with them in any way. All I know is that their name seems to come up on a big % of public ranked servers. Looks like they offer the same deal 256$

If I were to contribute I would like to see a rotation of big and small maps. Please, Karkland rocks but not 24/7. We also need real admins.

BTW I have been playing on cainslair(trinity hosted) almost exclusively.
Ingame nick: MajorMeatBall

I'll check out the BFG servers, too.

The cool thing about BF2 is that you can login with OR without the [H] in front of your name whenever you want. So... if you're in a clan that uses the tag feature you can turn it off to play with the [H] crowd. Should be fun! :D

WhyYouLoveMe said:
I'll check out the BFG servers, too.

The cool thing about BF2 is that you can login with OR without the [H] in front of your name whenever you want. So... if you're in a clan that uses the tag feature you can turn it off to play with the [H] crowd. Should be fun! :D
Exactly that's why I mentioned it :D

bazylik said:
Exactly that's why I mentioned it :D

A person would think I could comprehend the English language. But then again... that person would be wrong. :p

My bad! :D

As an update guys I have talked to BM about the questions I have. He and I are going to get together this weekend to finish our discussion.

Everything thus far has been positive and I'm confident we've found our best solution.

I'm going to yap up and unstick this now until BM and I can hash everything out.

Thank you all for your help and input. :)

Hupo said:
Perhaps a server that supports both

The problem is that you have to close BF2 vanilla and open BF2:SF which makes playing both a pain in the ass IMO. I'm not sure how servers work--though I would imagine a restart of the server process would be needed to switch from vanilla to SF just like the client.

You are correct Volk, but don't worry, I am not forgetting about you SF's guys!!

I just bought it today, Richie wanted some new maps. ;)

The night maps are the best rich hide with c4 my friend

Haven't played any of the night ones yet, but I'm anxious to try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back