Attn 8800 Owners: Nvidia Tech Demos Available

XFXSupport

XFX Representative
FYI for all you 8800 owners, Nvidia has released their Tech Demos (and yes the Adrianne one as well) for your viewing pleasures at www.nzone.com Have fun.

XFX Support

They recomend Windows XP so these are not DX10 demos.

Anyone tried them with 7xxx video cards, I can't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to run them if it's only to dx9.0 spec.

*edit*

Box of smoke demo works on Vista with beta drivers and a 7950GX2, downloading the others now, will report back shortly.

it says:

The Adrianne demo uses complex shading and deformation techniques typically reserved for offline-rendered animation. GeForce 8800's unified shader architecture makes this possible by dynamically balancing any combination of vertex, geometry and pixel shading for maximum hardware acceleration. This same unified shader architecture works with all OpenGL, DirectX 9, and DirectX 10 titles.

Unified shader is new to G80 right? So I'm not sure the Adrianne demo will work on other cards.

Thats just to do with how the load balancing is done for the different types of shaders, the API is the same so there should be no reason why other fully DX9 cards cannot run it, other than to try and make the 8800 parts look better.

*edit*

Adrianne demo installs but crashes (stops working) in Vista, Im about to try some new drivers anyways so see if that helps!

They will probably run, just slowly. Have to check em out when I get home :)

I was wondering when we would see some new tech demos. Thanks for the heads up

XFXSupport said:
FYI for all you 8800 owners, Nvidia has released their Tech Demos (and yes the Adrianne one as well) for your viewing pleasures at www.nzone.com Have fun.

XFX Support

I think I love you. Or at any rate I love the card I bought off you... :D

Oooooo.. I was wondering when these would be available for public consumption. THX for the tip! :D

I must say, this is pretty sweet.

I only get 9 FPS on Froggy and 19 FPS on the chick one, only because I'm still using my heavily bottenecking Pentium D 805, but that will change soon. Then they shall be smoother! :)

They do look awesome though.

TransfuSe said:
I must say, this is pretty sweet.

I only get 9 FPS on Froggy and 19 FPS on the chick one, only because I'm still using my heavily bottenecking Pentium D 805, but that will change soon. Then they shall be smoother! :)

They do look awesome though.

At what resolution?...even with quad QX6700 at 3.4ghz ..Adrianne demo at around 8/9 FPS from 1280x1024 to 4MP resolution..

Askanison said:
At what resolution?...even with quad QX6700 at 3.4ghz ..Adrianne demo at around 8/9 FPS from 1280x1024 to 4MP resolution..

I'm getting only 8 fps at 1680x1050 (Sceptre 22") with Adrianne. Froggy is anywhere from 14-30 fps during the fly through 1 & 2. Froggy is just incredible. Oh Adrianne is nice too! :)

Back