Attention all Asrock owners....

belmicah

Gawd
Well, since Asrock has been the motherboard manufacturer to make the most boards that support Conroe and AGP (as well as DDR), I would like to ask all Asrock owners to list their experiences with their Conroe setups.

Explain overclocking, tweaks, mods, tips, tricks, advice, and other experiences, so I/we can get a better idea of what to expect, and how to find a better way to overclock our Core 2 Duo chips.

The boards that I see most are the 775Dual-VSTA, the 775 i865G, and the Conroe 865PE. I was hoping to get more info on the board's maximum FSB and other aspects such as memory bandwidth, etc.

Please feel free to blurt out anything that has to do with anything on these boards.

seems like there was a couple threads on overclocking or modding the dual vista . seems like there was a thread here on the (H) too .

i saw a few suicide runs with the asrock running 340fsb on a core 2 cpu somewhere . but the fellow backed off to 322fsb because he said it wasn't totally stable .

i've had mine as high as 327fsb but it was a little flakey there . it seems to run the best all around @ 317 fsb with my 6400 .

some folks don't think it had enough v-core but if you have a decent cpu that shouldn't be a problem . for some reason the mb needs the pci-e set to 117 mhz--even if you running a agp .

the 880 is an old chipset and it is a bit 'tweeky" there are alot of things to set in the bios "and alot of things have to be set to get a stable OC out of it . but i've seen worse.and since it is more of a budget-oriented mb than a overclocking MB i don't see how that is a big problem anyway . if it could run 400fsb or above it could open up a whole new avenue to overclockers. maybe via or sis or nvidia will consider making a OCing mb that can run regular ddr-400?--

it is fast when everything is set right --mine is running two gigs of ddr-400 fsb set to 317 with a 6400--it is a pretty fast MB it is not going to clean up on any 965p's or 975p's but it's very close when there running the same cpu speeds. i don't see the pci-e 4x as much of a problem--it seems to run my x1900xt fine --if you'r running anything under the latest stuff your not going to see a big loss--the x1900xt maybe a 10% loss from a full 16x.

it's a decent mb for the price and being able to run ddr /ddr-2 agp-/pci-e and have most modern features and --it has enough regular pci's-even for your old pci stuff that your not ready to throw into the dumpster --just yet.

if you want to overclock it there are threads on how to do it i think there is one over @ "overclock workbench"

and there was a link on this site from the thread on the asrock dual vista to another tread on it where they overclocked & modded the MB-- so it isn't somthing there is no info on--

:cool:

I think that board will be great for the new lower FSB chips coming on soon. Probably a budget OCing monster.

Back