Attempting to send results.. for over two hours now

Choder

[H]ard|Gawd
And it's status in FahMon has gone from green to yellow to red. Is there something I can do to save the WU? It's a Notfred diskless folder without a backup.

Are you running notfred's via VMWare? or are you running diskless?

If via VMWare, then the instance itself is perpetul and a reboot may resolve your issues.
If via diskless, do you have a USB stick that it is backing up to? If not, do you have a TFTP server that notfred's is backing up to? If none of the above, a reboot may be in order and yes, unfortuntely, you will lose the WU

Unfortunately, this is one of my machines without a flash drive for backup and as I just started back up a few days ago I am still working to get the TFTP backup working. I was hoping that there is some way to use the files I've pulled off of it. I have the WU backup.tar sitting on my desktop.

Last edited:
I've had machines have trouble sending/receiving work before, sometimes it has taken up to a day or so...

What I usually do when I see one of my machines having trouble is I just reboot it, which almost always solves the problem. It's not really a long term fix, but it should work for you. ;)

I've had machines have trouble sending/receiving work before, sometimes it has taken up to a day or so...

What I usually do when I see one of my machines having trouble is I just reboot it, which almost always solves the problem. It's not really a long term fix, but it should work for you. ;)

I believe that's the point brother capreppy was tryin' to get across. If brother Choder has a system where the WU itself was saved and not just in boxen RAM than a simple reboot might work.Try the -send all switch.

I know I have panicked in the past and did a reboot because of a "hung" reading in FAHmon and have lost the work that was done on the "hung" WU. :mad: I forgot it wasn't backed up to disk, USB drive, any freakin' thing, duh :rolleyes:

So in the long run a reboot ( soft reboot) or a sudden lack of power could work. (cold reboot) :D It could also totally fubar things up by loosing the WU's work (work file) :(

DCing for the CURE

Back