Attack of the 'Wiimote' Hacks

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
In what should be no surprise to anyone, there are now videos circulating of the ever controversial Wiimote being used on a PC as an interface device.

The wireless, motion-sensing controller has made Nintendo's new Wii game console this holiday's gotta-have-it gadget. Wii's games let the player swing the controller like a tennis racket or fling it like a fishing pole.

lol this is pretty awesome. I'll have to try this. At the upcoming MPcon Jan 5th, if I get this working, I'll let everyone demo it. :p

This very well could be the best thing that could have happened to Nintendo. <sarcasm>Oh no, someone found a very cool and practical use for one of our products that will increase sales of said product! </sarcasm>

Microsoft is releasing the wireless gaming adapter on the day after Christmas to allow PC users to use all of their wireless devices from the 360 on the PC, Nintendo could very well join that market.

Im going to have to try this when i get a bluetooth adapter. I somehow ended up with a wiimote without the wii because i couldnt get one on launch.

I am going to get one of those to replace my ATI Remote Wonder since it is a piece of crap.
It should work with my Logitech Bluetooth setup since it did pick up my bluetooth Xbox controller.

This looks totally cool after I saw the guy playing Half Life 2 on his Macbook Pro with the wiimote. I was shocked and awed!

I'm seriously considering one of these things now

winston856 said:
This looks totally cool after I saw the guy playing Half Life 2 on his Macbook Pro with the wiimote.

Playing a Win32 game on Apple hardware with a Nintendo controller?!!?

Head Asplode!

winston856 said:
This looks totally cool after I saw the guy playing Half Life 2 on his Macbook Pro with the wiimote.

Needs some nunchuck action and luckily it sounds like they (the hackers) are working on getting the controller add-ons running. I think the proposed pistol grip attachment would work better for FPS games though.

Demon_of_The_Fall said:
Playing a Win32 game on Apple hardware with a Nintendo controller?!!?

Head Asplode!

Just imagine what would happen if he connected the laptop to a Sony TV. The universe might implode!

Back