Atom re-branding: x3, x5 and x7 models

Probably to keep it similar in that people know i3 is low end, i5 is mid, i7 is high end.... a1 a5 and a7 maybe would of been better...or they didn't want to use A cause people would think AMD line.

I don't mind the new naming so much, so long as it stays "Atom X"-whatever, and not simply X-whatever. It'll be used or abused just the same - Everybody knows i3, i5, i7, but the xxxxU/M/E/Y/H suffixes are ignored when they really can matter a great deal.

With as efficient as the newest chips are, I just use an i3 as my lowest point of entry. I won't even consider anything with an Atom. Just not worth it. i3 blows it out of the water.

I don't really get all the hate against Atom processors. Sure they were crap when they were first introduced, but they've come a long way. We use Atom based tablets at work for use in products, and they're plenty snappy for your average use case scenario.

And comparing the Atom processors to an i3 is simply ridiculous, the whole reason Atoms exist is for extreme low power/compact form factors.

Back