Atlis Electric Truck Battery Charges in 13 Minutes

That's actually one advantage of electric cars I'm looking forward to. You don't have to worry about stuffing the front suspension under a combustion engine, which leaves plenty of room for giant A arms without jacking up the rest of the car till it blots out the sun.
Or how about a cab-forward electric mini-truck with a 6' bed... A truck the size of a Miata. Enough capacity for hauling the occasional Home Depot run or dragging a dresser between houses for a buddy without having to worry about parking a behemoth in a strip-mall parking lot.

Or how about a cab-forward electric mini-truck with a 6' bed... A truck the size of a Miata. Enough capacity for hauling the occasional Home Depot run or dragging a dresser between houses for a buddy without having to worry about parking a behemoth in a strip-mall parking lot.

6' bed? Crazy small. When I was younger a 6.5' bed was considered a short bed. How do you even put anything in there and not have it hang out over the end? Man I am hauling stuff like every other day and 8' is barely adequate.

But I agree...if you are going to get a truck you better be hauling shit with it. Getting a truck with a short bed? Forget it, rent one instead and save yourself the penis envy bullshit.

cough 1970's/80's toyota/nissan pickups.. those things were so friggin light you wouldn't even need to use high power electric motors and still get stupid long ranges out of them probably.

6' bed? Crazy small. When I was younger a 6.5' bed was considered a short bed. How do you even put anything in there and not have it hang out over the end? Man I am hauling stuff like every other day and 8' is barely adequate.

But I agree...if you are going to get a truck you better be hauling shit with it. Getting a truck with a short bed? Forget it, rent one instead and save yourself the penis envy bullshit.

you'd fall under the 1% of truck owners that actually use a truck for what it's meant for.. the average person driving a truck maybe puts 1 or 2 things in the bed that aren't groceries over the time period they own it. i mean ffs i see more women driving trucks than i see men these days..

you'd fall under the 1% of truck owners that actually use a truck for what it's meant for.. the average person driving a truck maybe puts 1 or 2 things in the bed that aren't groceries over the time period they own it. i mean ffs i see more women driving trucks than i see men these days..

Then I would say that the other 99% needs to stop buying trucks and rent them instead. I dont buy a minivan to haul around a dozen people once every 6-12 months.

I don't need a truck often (which is one reason I don't own one) but I also miss having an 8' bed on a truck. The damn short beds are a serious pain the ass to mess with if hauling multiple things or just large items.

Reactions: kju1
like this
I don't need a truck often (which is one reason I don't own one) but I also miss having an 8' bed on a truck. The damn short beds are a serious pain the ass to mess with if hauling multiple things or just large items.

I always have to laugh when I see someone try to shove a big ass piece of furniture or some boards, pipes, etc into the back of a 6' bed or into their mini cooper. I saw this one lady last week at Lowes trying to load about half a ton of pavers into the back of a mini cooper. Then there was the guy with the SUV and a 4x4x10...running right between the seats. He told me to fuck off when I told him that was a bad idea because he would break a windshield if it wasnt strapped down (and maybe even then too). Saw him a few days later with a busted up windshield at the same Lowes...

I always have to laugh when I see someone try to shove a big ass piece of furniture or some boards, pipes, etc into the back of a 6' bed or into their mini cooper. I saw this one lady last week at Lowes trying to load about half a ton of pavers into the back of a mini cooper. Then there was the guy with the SUV and a 4x4x10...running right between the seats. He told me to fuck off when I told him that was a bad idea because he would break a windshield if it wasnt strapped down (and maybe even then too). Saw him a few days later with a busted up windshield at the same Lowes...

This is why I'm glad to have access to multiple trailers. While I would rather put the stuff in the bed of the truck it's easier, safer or just has to be put in a trailer since it can't fit properly in the bed.

Back