ATIX800Pro/XTPEsoftmod vs MSI NX6800Ultra

My system only does 8000 in 3DM2003, a good few thousand points lower than the normal for my system. Yet it still performs the same if not better than most similar systems out there in real games. I gave up on synthetics a long time ago. In the very least run a timedemo so it's representative of an actual game.

How about 3dmark2003 benchies. It is a better benchmark, relating more to current technology.

Even though both are irrelevant...
01 is more of a system BM. Run 03. It's almost completely dependant on video alone.

It looks to me like the ATI card is getting some artifacting on nature. If you look at all the tests, they're relatively close together (10-25fps roughly). The nature one is over 70fps. I don't believe this is a reliable benchmark.

For you guys that still undecided which card to buy. The critical difference are 6800U is a long card and need a really good PSU, especially if your system have multiple HD/fans or watercooled. Performance wise is about the same.

centvalny said:
For you guys that still undecided which card to buy. The critical difference are 6800U is a long card and need a really good PSU, especially if your system have multiple HD/fans or watercooled. Performance wise is about the same.
you need a solid 350w psu to run a 6800U. i dont think anyone in here is going to buy a 500 dollar card and skimp on the psu

3dmark01 kinda sux by today's standards. With my 9800pro->xt modded card i got ~16,000 points.

with my 6800GT i got ~17,500.
what poo!

my 3dmark03 benchamrk went from 6,700 to 11,000.

how to increase score on 3dmark01? OC your FSB/processor (not much else helps.)

Back