ati X800XL retail box $299.99 *Fry's Electronic in arlington"

paulmofyourhand

[H]ard|Gawd
not sure about other fry's, but the fry's in arlington texas on Matlock has the ATI X800XL in the retail box for $299.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about 7+ in stock

I thought I saw some at the Woodland Hills Fry's this morning. I wasn't sure enough to post it since I just passed by the section but didn't really look at the box.

I'm going to wait for ATI to send the pre-order which comes out $40 cheaper than Fry's.

^ only $40 cheaper? screw that....

I'd rather go to Fry's and pay the extra $40 knowing I'm actually going to be coming home with the product.

its anyone's guess when ATi will ship their cards out. jeez, lets not forget about how many poor sapps got rear-ended by ATi when they ordered the X800 XT PE card. heck, one guy on the forum posted that he waited for 7 months and then he finally threw in the towel and cancelled his order.

7 months... thats just ridiculous..... :rolleyes:

ozziegn said:
^ only $40 cheaper? screw that....
That's the only reason i'd buy it... at under MSRP. I wouldn't even consider it for MSRP + tax, that's not worth it to me.

I also saw some at the Plano CompUSA for $299.99 last night.... three were on the shelf.

Checked yesterday, none in stock at the Frys in Burbank or City of Industry, California.

Any one know if there are any at the Duluth GA. location? Its a two hour drive for me but I would go If I knew .

Hey Guys, I called the CompUSA in Tulsa OK ,(1 918 461-2500), yesterday, (Sat, Feb 19th, 05), & they said they had 5 ATI Radeon X800 XL Video cards, (CompUSA part # 318335), IN stock at that store for the MSRP of $299.00, plus 8.5% tax, (total approx. $320.00), Called Again just a few min ago& they said they are showing an IN store Quantity of 10, But they show coming soon on their website, Pass this along if you will & grab 'em while you can. =D

Rock, Play & Stay [H}ard :D

Good News: ebay has a few of them, Both AGP and PCI-E types. :cool:
Bad News: ebay Prices, Ouch. :eek:

Hmm...wonder if there are anymore in... I am in Arlington, and live pretty much right down the street from that Fry's! But now I would have to find a PCI-E Mobo :p Thanks paulmofyourhand

that has to be the worst fry's ever. The Irving one is SO much better. Sorry went off on a tangent there.

Now that we're starting to finally see the x800 xl at it's MSRP, a new product cycle is about to begin. I think I'm going to wait and see what happens in March...

And then whatever comes out in March you will wait until it drops in price....and so on.

No because whatever is announced or released in March will probably take 6+ months like this last product cycle to become a.) reasonably priced or b.) widely available or both. I have a GA-7DXR mobo with a 1.5ghz Athlon XP; i'm done waiting :)

Man I should of went to Fry's yesterday.... But I guess the 6800 GT 2 ultra will have to suffice for now...

darktiger said:
Man I should of went to Fry's yesterday.... But I guess the 6800 GT 2 ultra will have to suffice for now...

The 6800 GT is faster than the x800 XL in nearly all benchmarks if I remember correctly, although they are very close. ?

1RadDad said:
Hey guys, I called the CompUSA in Tulsa OK...

Hey, another [H]'er from Tulsa! I grew up there, but now I'm in Norman going to OU... good to see another Okie on the boards!

-SEAL

zoom314 said:
Good News: ebay has a few of them, Both AGP and PCI-E types. :cool:
Bad News: ebay Prices, Ouch. :eek:

http://www.thechannelinsider.com/article2/0 said:
One unfortunate aspect of this array of GPUs is that only three of them have an AGP version available, and the X800 XL currently isn't one of them. ATI wouldn't state when an AGP version would be forthcoming, but given the large installed base of AGP systems in the market, we believe that the AGP-based X800 XL will follow its PCIe sibling by a month or two, meaning we may not see it on retail shelves until March of next year.

There be no such animal...

-SEAL

Bluemagic said:
The 6800 GT is faster than the x800 XL in nearly all benchmarks if I remember correctly, although they are very close. ?

oh please, dont start that crap again.

next thing we'll know is that this thread will turn into ANOTHER ATi vs nVidia pissin' contest.

I didn't mean for this to turn into some bashing thread; I said that because you implied that your 6800 GT is good but not as good as an X800 XL. Just want to make sure no ones spreading false info around confusing people (such as myself) :)

Back