ATI X1950 xtx help

infin@

Gawd
First off, this forum has been a great help on my last build, so much so that i decided to become a member. Heres my current problem/question.....
I am currently running a sapphire x1950 xtx with a dd tyee waterblock. I've already bumped the core and memory up to max with the catalyst overdrive utility (2.2 ghz mem, 700mhz core). I've heard that there is an issue with the current version of ATI tool. I would like to explore a higher core clock speeds if possible. Any suggestions, the current settings produce no artifacts in any game I've played...so far (Fear, Prey, CSS, Rome TW, BF2). The current temperature idles at 40C under load 45C. Thanks guys.
btw, sorry if this should be under the oc section of the forum.

Artifacts would only be produced if the memory has corruption, games would lock up if the core was unstable. VPU recover would kick in if it got too hot.

I wouldnt use the new ATI tool(.25 beta methinks?). If you do insist(and im sure you do because it comes with temp guages and such), dont use it to OC, use it to check if the memory or core are unstable, and use ATI Tray Tools to OC the card through overdrive.

i would, but the overdrive utility only alows a 50 mhz core overclock and a 200 mhz memory overclock. Thanks though, i really dont need the extra speed at this point anyway. Just curious :D

soooo, ive tried the overdrive function in tray tools, and It wont allow me to increase the memory beyond 1ghz(2ghz ddr)!?!:confused: Even less than the catylyst control center, however the core can now be ajusted up to 768mhz, more than enough for me. Got the core up to around 725, no problems yet. Thanks for the help.

That's a hell of a card you've got there. On mine the core will go up to 695 but the memory won't BUDGE.

before i put the waterblock on the card I had the same problem, core only went as high as 675, memory 2050.

ATI cards arent known for overclocking well. However, the onboard auto voltage regulator should allow to increase the voltage for stability sake.

Back