ATI X1900XT giving no signal after windows loads.

sdk

[H]ard|Gawd
Earlier today I opened ATI tool to check my temps while CCC was running (7.6) and everything went black, froze up so I rebooted my computer. I would get POST and everything would load fine, I would see the windows loading bars and then it would go away like the desktop was going to load. I get a black screen with the backlight on and a green light, then it goes to a black screen with back light off on green, then it goes to yellow and I get no signal but I hear windows loading in the background. IE chimes loading, XP popup notification boxes ect.

I tried to reinstall drivers via safe mode, no dice. Tried VGA safe mode no dice. So I reformated.

Upon reinstall I went into windows, installed my NF4 chipset drivers, AMD dual core patches and fix and then went to install the 7.6 catalysts. Load the XP Driver and WDM driver but no CCC (as I will never use that POS again, either ATI tool onl or ATI tray tools) and I got the same problem.

When in safe mode I can see the X1900 Series and X1900 Series Secondary in the device manager but it tells me that"Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system"

In VGA safe mode I can see them both in dev manager and I can install the drivers, it tells me to reboot and when I do I still get the same problem. I have used driver cleaner pro on the 2nd reformat and on this, currenty the 3rd reformat it still did the same problem from the get go.

Specs Are

DFI NF4 Ultra-D
AMD X2 3800+ Manchester @ 2,0 stock
Crucial Balistx PC 3200 2 x 512

My LCD is a ViewSonic VX2025 and if I was not so lazy to try VGA mode I would, however I don't see why it would load XP Safe mode and VGA mode fine but not let me get into windows.

Any suggestions?

Using my DVI to VGA adapter on my videocard and then running the cable from my video card to my LCD has my system working fine. It boots up into windows and shows me everything...

Sounds like once the drivers load they are sending the wrong frequency for your monitor to the DVI port, some Samsungs had issues with this, but that's because they were faulty.

Could be the monitor has gone faulty, but try forcing 60hz wherever you can in the Nvidia control panel and rebooting.

I ruled out my LCD as I tested it on DVI on my brothers computer and it worked fine.

I solved the problem today. I went out and bought a eVGA 8800GTS 640MB.

All better now :D

Back