ATi X, ATi X1, Nvidia 6, or Nvidia 7. Whats the best card to get for under $200?

Serge84

Gawd
I thought of going with a ATI X 850XT PE highend card, kind of old but under $200. Or should I go with a ATi X1. Then their are really cheap 6800's. As well as 7600's. What would be the best bang for the buck to go by?

Thanks!

deffinitly a 7600gt i have a x800xl and it does very well but im sure you will be very happy with the gt...stay away from the GS

mrmodman said:
deffinitly a 7600gt i have a x800xl and it does very well but im sure you will be very happy with the gt...stay away from the GS

I thought the only difference was the clocks...

hmmmmmm . tough choice . the 7600 gts are good cards but the x1800gto is a decent one at that ( some are unlocking pipes some are not ) if you can spring the extra couple of bucks i go x1800gto if not the 7600gt be a viable choice ....

Raptorsmurf said:
hmmmmmm . tough choice . the 7600 gts are good cards but the x1800gto is a decent one at that ( some are unlocking pipes some are not ) if you can spring the extra couple of bucks i go x1800gto if not the 7600gt be a viable choice ....
what the hell is the point if x1800XT's can be had for 200 now :p

X1800XT or 7600GT, as everyone is saying :p

Deff the one is X1800XT. Not much price difference. The whole point is to beable to play oblivion on totally maxed out settings and it run fast for one thing. And with AA+HDR added. That'd be tight.

Serge84 said:
Deff the one is X1800XT. Not much price difference. The whole point is to beable to play oblivion on totally maxed out settings and it run fast for one thing. And with AA+HDR added. That'd be tight.

The cheapest x1800xt is $230 and its out of stock.

The cheapest 7600gt is $146 after MIB.

Thats a big price difference is you ask me.

You get what you pay for. less pipes. Not 256-bit memory, slower speeds. If I was going for a 7600 I would get one closer to 200 bucks anyways. But its the 1800 for me I can wait afew days.

that is one of the fastest 7600gts available, none of them have 256bit memory :rolleyes:

and x1800xts aren't sub 200... wtf

oh yeah, there are 200 threads per page asking this exact same question, why make a new one

I'm more than happy with my 7600 GT KO. After rebate I paid $173 for it plus a Zalman VF900. I runs 605/805 stable and does so quietly. I play BF2 @ 1680x1050 with High Settings smooth as butter. I can play with 2xAA but I get occasional vid lag with a lot of explosions or smoke.

Stellar said:
I'm more than happy with my 7600 GT KO. After rebate I paid $173 for it plus a Zalman VF900. I runs 605/805 stable and does so quietly. I play BF2 @ 1680x1050 with High Settings smooth as butter. I can play with 2xAA but I get occasional vid lag with a lot of explosions or smoke.

Did you buy AGP or PCIe?

Well if you could BIOS flash the gto2 then I'd go for that otherwise the xl is the better card

I bought the XT should last me a good long wile. Play every game I have at full max not just max graphics with limited view and junk and I dare say at high res... Whats that? Will be bloody fast too.

Serge84 said:
I bought the XT should last me a good long wile. Play every game I have at full max not just max graphics with limited view and junk and I dare say at high res... Whats that? Will be bloody fast too.

You'll be fine. I was worried when I bought one that the less 256mb vram would be a problem... but most benchmarks seem to show 512mb matters at 2048x1536 or higher with full AA and AF. Make sure to OC that sucker..

ViolentPacification said:
The cheapest x1800xt is $230 and its out of stock.

The cheapest 7600gt is $146 after MIB.

Thats a big price difference is you ask me.

Newegg is not the only computer hardware retailer in existence.

I'll be sure to OC this sucker. <Grin> But newegg is the best. I get it wensday with HL2 EP1.

Back