ATi, why's it taking you FOREVER to bring on the x800???

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
Okay, now this is getting rediculous.....

How long has it been since ATi announced the x800 and yet hardly any of the retail giants like Comp USA, Best Buy or Circuit City are still not showing any signs of having them in stock? I've been checking out Comp USA almost every other day and they've been telling me that they were supposed to get their initial shipment as of July 1st. here we are going on the 9th and they still havent gotten.

Good God.... I know that there's always delays here and there when a new product comes out but this is just plain and outright stupid. it isnt like they (ATi) just unvailed this card two or three weeks ago. whats the freakin' delay in supplying retailors their cards?

I'll tell ya what, this is the same kind of BS that nVidia likes to pull. they hype people up with their flagship cards but it takes them FOREVER to actually deliver it to the general public. I never wouldve though that ATi would be doing the same thing but it seems as if they are...

Hmmm.... Two weeks ago I walked in my local Microcenter and bought an ATI X800Pro right off the shelf. Yesterday I walked into the same store and got a Visiontek X800Pro right off the shelf. There doesn't seem a shortage in Northeast Ohio :)

well, we unfortunate peeps in FL dont have stores like Microcenters or even Frys so we're at the mercy of giants like Comp USA, BB and Circuit City.

Seems like PC Club and Microcenter all have them available. Fry's takes a good three months to get new products (mainly video and motherboard) so don't use them as a benchmark.

I know PC Club has them only because that's were I got mine.

It sounds like it depends where you live. My local Best Buy had empty boxes on the shelf telling you to preorder, but I've heard others who've been able to walk into Best Buy and pick one right up off the shelf. I got mine off gameve.com, but now they have a 6/18 release date listed, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I'd guess that ATi wasn't ready for a wide release but wanted to try to get the X800s on the market before Nvidia could release their new cards.

I've seen several places where you can buy the x800pro online. The only way you will get an x800 xt early is if you pre-ordered one. I wouldn't expect to see the xt version on store shelves until July sometime. I have heard rumors that the xt pre-order dates are getting pushed back but no one really knows for sure when it will be released. I currently have two on pre-order and I'm waiting impatiently. :)

"they've been telling me that they were supposed to get their initial shipment as of July 1st."

ok, and its june. your point?

I walked into Fry's near San Diego and they had X800Pros on the shelf. I would've gotten one but I didnt have enough money... :(

Go to Besy Buy's online store. I got mine there a month ago.

They are in multiple retail chains, and can be bought online many places. You can buy one, if you want to, they are available.

You think NV is doing a better job? Paper launching two weeks earlier than ATi, with no cards out now.

ohgod said:
I walked into Fry's near San Diego and they had X800Pros on the shelf. I would've gotten one but I didnt have enough money... :(

Which one??? The one in San Marcos or the one on the 15 near the stadium???

Well, i just got confirmation from cdw saying they were shiping out my x800 today (6/9/04)

I bought mine online from BestBuy the week they were introduced. Had on Monday the 10th.

No complaints here. BB even included free shipping.

kneht

nVidia is no better. They are only now starting to bring them to the masses, and we'll see whether or not its a small trickle like I think it will be, or a wide spread launch, where there are many avalible at many different retailers. Either way, the X800 launched before the 6800U, and it was supposed to be the other way around.

Damn, saw that earlier post about PC Club having them in stock and called em up and they had 1 MSI X800 and one Gigabyte X800 , the MSI was $469 and the Gigabyte was $520! Damn it is tempting to drive up there tomorrow and pick up that MSI card.

Best Buy here in southern california has had them in stock since a week after they were announced....

My local BestBuy had a fee X800 Pros the other day. :D
My local Circuit City on the other hand has yet to get a 9800XT and for that matter only got the 9800Pros back in January. :(

bleh newegg's are out of stock and seemed overpriced like most everywhere else. Does anyone know if microcenter in santa clara has them in stock/what price? I guess I should call, I have $400+ itching to be spent.

Nuitari is right, Nvidia released their sample cards out weeks before ATI sent out theirs. they shipped some to retailers the day of their release too, unlike Nvidia who hasnt even made their cards public yet

chill, go to pricegrabber or reselleratings and search for an x800 pro, the cheapest you can find is 358 from Ecost, and its available now

the compUSA i work at doesnt have any x800 pro's in yet either :(

sucks too because im waiting to get it from there so i can get it at cost.

i check the inventory computer first thing every morning when i get in :)

I went to my local best buy last saturday and preorderd the x800 pro, recived it at my house on Tuesday.

I live in Scarborough, i'm a 10 minute drive from ATI HQ in Markham Ontario, and I can't even get this fricken card, well the XT PE version that is, and I work at a computer store which I can get a deal on this card ie. cost price and I have the money ready to get it ASAP.

What's even worse is having ppl in the States and other places around the world like over in Asia getting this card before I do. Now how the hell does that work? Whatever, I can wait a bit longer, it's not like Doom ]|[ or HL2 will be out before the XT PE ;)

In the meanwhile i'll pick up my Plextor 712A black drive and a Digital Camera, with this month's pay and wait a few more weeks for the XT PE, so I guess it works out.

If anyone is from the Cleveland, OH area. I returned my Visiontek 800pro at Microcenter yesterday. The guy that was going to buy my old card backed out.

Scott

Here in Hawaii, we don't have the latest video cards from ATI, CompUSA we can preorder on the web but shipping is $50.00, for 2nd day air. Forget it.

I don't recall a shortage of video cards with their previous "next generation" cards. I guess like Florida, Hawaii is going to get the short shift until....when?

Diseaseboy said:
If anyone is from the Cleveland, OH area. I returned my Visiontek 800pro at Microcenter yesterday. The guy that was going to buy my old card backed out.

Scott

I live in Cleveland, but I just bought my XT/PE at CDW.

GO BROWNS!!

Back