ATI vid card on NVIDIA motherboard???

idoc

n00b
I'm set on getting an ATI X1800 XT PCI-E video card. I wanted to get a socket 939 motherboard with an ATI chipset too, but I saw that they only supported SATA1. Currently, it seems that only NVIDIA based (GeForce 6100, NForce4, NForce4 Ultra)motherboards support SATA2. Will my X1800XT work well with the NVIDIA motherboard or will there be problems?

I'm running the X1800XT on a Nforce 4 Abit AN8-SLI. You should be fine as many people run the same combo (Radeon Graphic and Nforce mobo).

I'm running a ATI X1900XTX on a Asus A8N-E (Nforce 4 Ultra) without a hiccup.

Im running x1800xt on nforce4 with the onboard 6150 with no problems!

No problems at all... My 1900xt on a nf4, dfi, ultra-d, works just fine..

idoc said:
I'm set on getting an ATI X1800 XT PCI-E video card. I wanted to get a socket 939 motherboard with an ATI chipset too, but I saw that they only supported SATA1. Currently, it seems that only NVIDIA based (GeForce 6100, NForce4, NForce4 Ultra)motherboards support SATA2. Will my X1800XT work well with the NVIDIA motherboard or will there be problems?
ha

nub

running an X1800XL with an a8n-e, no problems.

However, I used to have a 9600XT. Originally, I was running it on a via SocketA motherboard and had no troubles, however when I switched over to a A7N8X-E (nf2) I had all kinds of driver problems that I was never able to resolve. This, however, may just be an isolated incident.

yea, it'll work fine, but you lose out on one thing that I can see... like with my 6150 board If I had an nvidia vid card I would have an extra monitor output... to have 3 monitors at once. Besides that there's no difference heh.

The new ATI 3200 based boards support SATA2. I have the ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe, and it works quite well. DFI makes a nice board based on this chipset as well. No annoying chipset fan either. (passive cooling)

DFi makes a 3200 with passive cooling on the nb? Never seen it.

My DFI has a southbridge from ULi. It has SATA2 like most of the 3200's. That said, I only got rid of the NF4 when i went crossfire. The nvidia board was fine.

texuspete00 said:
DFi makes a 3200 with passive cooling on the nb? Never seen it.

My DFI has a southbridge from ULi. It has SATA2 like most of the 3200's. That said, I only got rid of the NF4 when i went crossfire. The nvidia board was fine.

No the ASUS board has passive cooling. The DFI has a fan. Guess my sentences could have been ordered a little better. :D I hadn't actually looked at the DFI board, I just knew it existed, and that I had heard some good things about it. I have the ASUS board. I also just switched from an NF4 board, and it also worked quite well as should be expected. (wanted the option to run CF) The ASUS board also uses the ULi soutbridge.

running a 9800pro in a SN95G5 nvidia based shuttle. works great and im planning on jumping on that x850pro on clearance at ATI.com

EVGA sli w/ Asus 1900XT

Only problems is oblivion LOVES to crash....no idea why yet...might be Vsync turned on, with my new 32inch LCD tv/monitor

But ya nvidia/ati is fine here

DASHlT said:
EVGA sli w/ Asus 1900XT

Only problems is oblivion LOVES to crash....no idea why yet...might be Vsync turned on, with my new 32inch LCD tv/monitor

Thats not just your PC dude, Oblivion crashes every PC indiscriminately :rolleyes:

Back