ATI TV WONDER VE with REMOTE - SOUND AND REMOTE PROBLEM

Hello,

I recently purchased an ATI TV WONDER VE with REMOTE CONTROL.

With the driver from the CD installed, I get a problem with crashing when I try to setup. Before that I was getting problems with schedule recording.

so I reformatted my PC, install latest SOUND driver, VIA Chipset Driver, Latest ATI Cat 4.6 driver. and also the latest TV WONDER drivers.

These include the DAO/MDAC, the ATI TV WONDER drivers, MMC drivers, and also the latest REMOTE WONDER I drivers.

I like the TV controls better with the new drivers/remote software. But the problem I get is that I hear echo when I watch TV. There seem to be audio coming from the WAVE line. When I MUTE WAVE, the echo disappears. On top of that, the sound is also coming faster than the video. So the mouth motion is not insync with audio.

2nd problem is with REMOTE. The volume and mute is controlling the WAVE line, instead of LINE IN, or MASTER VOLUME. SO tuning volume has no effect (besides quieting the ECHO problem).

Is this because I in the setup, i chose "WHAT YOU HEAR" (with line in) as audio? How do I switch it to AUXILARY in setup without reinstalling? Anyone here have this same problem with the latest drivers?

Also, is ATI not supporting GUIDE PLUS anymore? How would I schedule a recording then?

THANKS!

I've got the same card. And i'll tell ya, ATI's got their heads up their a$$es with those drivers and programs. I just use the Roxio Media Suite 7 program (or whatever the hell it's called).

My advice: Download the latest capture card drivers and video card drivers. Uninstall everything. The programs, the capture card drivers, and if your video card's ATI do that too. Use a program like drivercleaner 3.0 and get everything off of your system.

Now that we're squeaky clean install your video card drivers, and install the capture card drivers.

I reformatted my pc.

installed newest cat 4.6, newest sound driver, newest via chipset driver, newest, WM encoder, newest MMC, MDAC, TV WONDER and REMOTE DRIVER.

Still have same problem. I don't know what is wrong.

Now the remote controls the WAVE line, instead of master or line in too, so the sound control is completely useless.

ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN EDIT MY SOUND SETUP FOR THE TV WONDER? When you first install the tv wonder driver, it asks you where your sound is coming from. How do I edit that area without reinstalling?

thanks

Guide plus is still supported. Ive got the same card but without the remote and it was a bitch to set up. I just kept at it and finally got it working.

Not trying to hijack a thread...Any tips on the Guide Plus? I just reformatted and installed, but I get fatal errors when I try to install the Gemstar Guid Plus software. It gets so far then quits. I've uninstalled everything...used driver cleaner...etc but it errors out on me everytime.

As far as the original poster's issue.....double check your manual to see that you have the right cables plugged into the correct port on your soundcard. I figured that out the hard way. I belive that there is also an option in the settings on how you have the cable hooked into your sound card. Look for that option and see what that does for ya.

Darkeone said:
Not trying to hijack a thread...Any tips on the Guide Plus? I just reformatted and installed, but I get fatal errors when I try to install the Gemstar Guid Plus software. It gets so far then quits. I've uninstalled everything...used driver cleaner...etc but it errors out on me everytime.

As far as the original poster's issue.....double check your manual to see that you have the right cables plugged into the correct port on your soundcard. I figured that out the hard way. I belive that there is also an option in the settings on how you have the cable hooked into your sound card. Look for that option and see what that does for ya.

Did you install windows mutimedia encoder 9.0 http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

before you installed the multimedia center 9.0. You also have to have DirectX 9.0 loaded first.

ATI updated the MMC in April, so download and try the newer version

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/...=mm&prod=aiwWINXPdriver&submit.x=7&submit.y=5

If you get it up and running, be certain that your date is set correctly in the bios. I thought mine was correct and everytime I tried to load the channel lineup, the thing crapped out on me.

Good luck, let us know if you get it running.

I just bought the pro version with remote and it works fine. Question, did you hook up the internal audio cable that on the card, its the one that uses the analog cdrom type audio cable? if so, dont use it and just use the external cable.

Back