ATI TV Wonder Pro Help!

Bio Hazord

Limp Gawd
No sure if this is the right fors but anyways I got a ATI TV Wonder Pro Remote Editon as a confermation present. Installation went fine but when I started it up it froze the whole computer. I restarted and tryed it again and it worked fine then I moved it to my secound monitor another frezee this time just the TV but you could not kill its process (started to use 100% of the cpu).

Sometimes when I have it working it just frezees for no good reason. Also have all the latest drives and software for it.

Specs:

3.2E (HT)
9800xt
1GB PC3200 XMS
2x80GB raid 0
GA-8KNXP (Rev 2.0)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Windows XP Home (SP2 also tryed SP1 with a clean reformat)

OK well I got it to play or atleast for a little bit. But now there is another problem it does not like to redraw the screen after going from full screen to a window. I am think it has to do with the IRQ number it is assigned

irq.jpg

Now there are 4 devices assigned to the same IRQ the tunner, video card and 2 intel universal host contollers. I think this could be causing it not to redraw the screen and even if that is not the case I would like to try to have as little devices on the same IRQ as my video card. So how do I change what IRQ they are on? Anyone?

i'm having problems with mine freezing on the end of recording or closing the tv.....and sometimes it'll just lock up and its impossible to close, so i'm in the same boat here...

A friend of mine let me borrow a TV wonder Non pro and I couldn't get it to be stalbe for a MINUTE! I know that there was a problem with my config and short of reinstalling the OS Nothin I did worked. My problem was that

1x Video Card
2x Soundcard
4x USB Controller
1x IDE controller (raid not used)
1x NIC
AND the TV wonder stuff
ALL ON THE SAME IRQ!!!! None of these devices would let me change its IRQ manually through windows and changing the IRQ passed to the slto through the bios wasn't working either and my first three pci slots were not usable either because of the larg HSF I have on my video card.

Somehow in this process my motherboard died. I got it back and tried the card again with the same IRQ results and the fresh factory performance decided to die so I stoped using it. I konw my testing was exactly the best but I'm not even really considering the AIW models as I'm looking for a card. I know people who use the same board and AIW cards and TV wonders with no problem I'm just scared off them, I think I'll go for a card with Mpeg2 hardware encoding.

As for your problem getting the tuner on a less used IRQ might be good, there are seval ways to change the IRQ of the deivce.

Placement inside the case is one
and going to the device page, clicking the resource tab of the deivce's propteries window and unclicking "use automatic settings" (if you can) and changing the IRQ there is another.

Well atleast I didnt have to pay for it :D to bad bestbuy returen polices sucks. Mabye some time in the future ATI will come out with better drivers and software for it "hopes".

torment said:
i'm having problems with mine freezing on the end of recording or closing the tv.....and sometimes it'll just lock up and its impossible to close, so i'm in the same boat here...

Sorry for bring back old threads, but I thought I'd like to share the same problems I'm having. I too am suffering the same freezing when I start or end a recording and sometimes while it views it'll freeze at random times, and when it freezes, I can't end task it and get the tv tuner GUI off the screen as it's not responding.

When that had happened to me for the first few times I went onto ATI's site for some help, and found this:

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4261.html

Apparently it only happens with computers with Hyper Threading Enabled on most machines.

M$ knows about it and intends to release a fix in SP2 or already has one:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817589

I haven't found a fix, but I'm hoping SP2 fixes it. I haven't tried disabling HT in the BIOS and giving the TV tuner a go yet.

Back