ATI Tray Tools with X1900 XTX

ritch1

Weaksauce
im trying to get better performace out of oblivion with a radion X1900 XTX, i have to play with vsync on as i cant deal with the tearing on my 2405. running in 1680 x 1050 it seems to be ok but i get dips in the frame rate, and it feels pretty sluggish. to be honest i expected it to play a lot better with this card (running it with pentium 3.60ghz).

i was wondering if anyone uses ATI tray tools to enable triple buffering and if that improves performace in games, or rather makes the frame rates more even, has anyone had good experiences doing this.

the tearing seems to be my biggest obsticle, im one of those people who just cant stand it, but it means a performace loss to get rid of the problem. i also hate the mouse lag when i enable vsync in oblivion! i cant believe all the money you can spend on hardware and there is no decent solution to this.... sorry im gonna start moaning!

cheers for any ideas

Vsync and an LCD has caused problems with poor frame rates with every ATi card I have owned. I just run without vsync and I dont notice tearing.

anyone who uses Vsync triple buffering is a must from what ive read, and i forget if there is another setting but i think thats it.

Triple buffering wouldn't have an effect on Oblivion as it is a Direct3D game and triple buffering is only for OpenGL.

Back