ATI Tool Fan Control Problem (X800 pro)

Jaden

Weaksauce
I had my X800's fan running at 70% for a couple days, and all of a sudden, 10 minutes ago, my fan stopped (didn't die). Needless to say the card got extremely hot and froze my system. I turned my comp back on and found my card temp at 75C Idle (and I'm thinking.. this isn't a 6800 wtf!). At any rate, I unplugged/replugged the fan back in and it works fine again. Just something I want to give people a heads up on. It may not even be ATI Tool, but that's never happened to me before.

let me know if you can reproduce this .. this happened with 0.0.22 ?

0.0.21. Like I said though, it could have just been random (really, really random). I'll keep you posted if it happens again. :)

That's what happned to me too.. except i have a 9800xt.. i set the fan at 100% and after that i changed the drivers for the card rebooted, loaded up cs:s beta, played for 5 minutes, artifacts everywhere, minimized the game, check overdrive, card's at 95 celsius, open up ati tool, and the fan speed control was at 0%..... So i put it back to 100% and it never happened again.. weird.. and it was version 0.0.21

A few more minutes wouldve killed my card... :eek: but i sold it hehe

hmm I had that particular problem not so long ago ... I set the fan speeds as dynamic in ATIi Tool as 60c @ 70% and so on, but it seemd that it did not lock in after reboot. So after a few minutes of gaming the whole thing would heat over and lock my system up =/ but after a few trys with the dynamic fan controls it suddenly decided to stay that way for no apparent reson and I had no lock ups since then =) I now have my x800 pro card @ 520/540 with no problems what so ever with stock cooling. Hope this helps out =====Z=====

Back