ATI SmartGart not letting me choose 8x AGP??

Desolate

Limp Gawd
Anytime I change the AGP Settings in SmartGart from Off (0x AGP) to 8x AGP, it asks me to restart. When I restart and go back into SmartGart, it is reset to 0x AGP.

I set my AGP settings in BIOS to 4x/8x AGP (So you know, the options presented in BIOS are Off, 4x, and 4x/8x).

System specs in my sig

I tried looking for MSI AGP updates, since it helped some other people with different mobos. I can't seem to find any AGP related updates on the MSI website. I have the newest BIOS updates.

Make sure you have the absolute latest chipset drivers for the motherboard installed. That is the only thing I can think of.

Lord_Exodia said:
Make sure you have the absolute latest chipset drivers for the motherboard installed. That is the only thing I can think of.

The GART driver is party of the chipset driver pack.

I had some stupid ATI Gart vs. nVidia chipset Gart problems too when I had my 9600pro. If I had it at 8x Gart, games would lock up. At 4x they locked up, but less frequently. At 0x no lockups, but lower performance then when 8x was up and not locking up.

Needless to say, an nvidia card fixed that. However, i never could find a fix for the ATI card.

Nice...you should also get better performance out of your card now that you have the GART working right ;).

Back