ATI RV770 Release 10Hrs Away - Tweaktown

They probably realized that people were selling the cards everywhere and decided to push the 4850 ahead. Probably will steal some thunder from Nvidia's recent release too

unless i missed something, you just linked to the 8.6 cats

Yup, you missed the first paragraph.

AMD has timed its latest 8.6 Catalyst drivers to be released just prior to the launch of RV770 (which we've just heard has been pushed forward to a mere 10 hours away from now - expect our first article online right on the nda lift, and with more to follow soon after).

Having released their new cards second, they have the advantage of seeing what Nvidia has to offer and can make decisions based on that. I have to believe they want to use Nvidia's release as much to their advantage as possible. This bodes well.

Yeah I think that's what happened. They originally put it at June 25th to keep a safe distance from the GTX200's but seeing as to how the release dissapointed a lot of people, they probably wanted to get a jump on sales and rain on Nvidia's parade

Yeah I think that's what happened. They originally put it at June 25th to keep a safe distance from the GTX200's but seeing as to how the release dissapointed a lot of people, they probably wanted to get a jump on sales and rain on Nvidia's parade

Well that and ATI might want 4850 reviews to hit the net before Nvidia can release their so-called "performance drivers' for the 9800GTX. Lifting the NDA this Thursday or Friday gives Nvidia virtually no time to get these drivers in shape and into the hands of reviewers so they can incorporate their benchmarks into their articles. ATI is racing to rain on Nvidia's parade before they can rain on theirs... it's all terribly complicated... :p ;)

Rumor of Nvidia's "performance drivers".

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7975&Itemid=1

Someone needs to convince Nvidia that a strong ATI is good for the market... ;)

No matter what the case may be ATI clearly wants to strike while the iron's hot.

If it's true that they are going to drastically increase the performance of G92 cards, aren't they going to make their new cards look even worse? I don't get it.

either way it's good news for me!

either i get much better performance with my 9800GTX or i step up to GTX260 or i buy a 4850 (or 2) !

If it's true that they are going to drastically increase the performance of G92 cards, aren't they going to make their new cards look even worse? I don't get it.

only if you assume that this new driver dosent affect the new cards as well..

Well that and ATI might want 4850 reviews to hit the net before Nvidia can release their so-called "performance drivers' for the 9800GTX. Lifting the NDA this Thursday or Friday gives Nvidia virtually no time to get these drivers in shape and into the hands of reviewers so they can incorporate their benchmarks into their articles. ATI is racing to rain on Nvidia's parade before they can rain on theirs... it's all terribly complicated... :p ;)

No matter what the case may be ATI clearly wants to strike while the iron's hot.

I smell a Zany Scheme Chicken

The HD 4000 series looks very promising. It's hard to believe that these cards are based on the the R600 architecture. I'm still going to wait and see what [H]'s review says about the cards before committing $500+ for a pair of 4870's or GTX280 though.

Lol for a 2-5 fps gain in most games?

expect a severe performance increase
"Severe" performance increase? I think he meant drastic.

I think nVidia is shitting itself

As an admited Nvidia fanboy I sure as hell hope so. While not as vocal as the majority, I have really not been impressed by the last 2 releases and am really leaning toward putting this Crossfire mobo to use. Just waiting for a few more solid reviews of the ATI 4xxx cards.

sorry HD4850, donno why everyones so excited for you, at $199 two builds I thought would be HD4850 are going to be 8800GT considering I can find 8800GT's for $150 everywhere.

$169 we'll talk. $149 I'll take three.

If anyone has noticed, the "rumored" performance drivers that were going to increase 9800GTX performance and be called 9800GTX+ is actually a completely new card as per front page ;)

Back