ATI Radeon HD 5850 - $125

Great deal.These would rock in crossfire.
Be warned though.I bought a 260 gtx from them before and got a 9800+gtx.
I was able to return it but major headache.I also had to pay shipping back.

In most cases, this is roughly on par to slightly faster than an HD 6850 which can be had for $140 new and in some of the newest games it actually slightly trails the HD 6850 unless you OC the HD 5850 in which case there is no way a stock HD 6850 would touch it,

For someone with a single HD 5850 already though, it's a killer deal or if someone does not have the extra $15 for an HD 6850 this is a good deal as well.

Also keep in mind this card uses about 50w more than the HD 6850 under load.

I would reverse the charge on them and tell them if they wanted their card back it would be sitting on my door step.

Unfortunately, it does not work that way.
I once received an item which was not what was advertised.

I told the retailer and they asked me to ship it back for a refund and refused to pay for shipping.

I contacted my credit card company and asked the charge to be reversed.

Credit card company told me that they would do that if I wanted; but, as long as I had the item in my possession, if the dispute ever escalated, I would lose because I would have the money and the item both and that was not going to fly with any third party trying to resolve the issue.

So, I had no choice but to ship it back and pay for shipping.

Now, a reputable retailer would not do this as they realize how important customer satisfaction is. But, some retailers do.

no, sounded like you need to switch CC company. you are not at fault in this affair. if the vendor wants it back, they should be sending pickup tag. your CC company's failure to take your side in this matter suggests they do not have your interest at heart.

Yeah, I started thinking about this but I'm just going to grab an HD 6850 off NewEgg for $140 BNIB.

You guys think this would be a good deal to replace my 4890? Sell the 4890 for $50 or so and then pick up this for a total of about $75.

OT: but considering the price/performance between the 5850 and 6850 along with power consumption, would a 6850 be a good buy for someone who's got a 5770 right now in terms of gaining a little performance and reducing a little power consumption?

I am so freaking tempted...

I hate 1 sale a day though...

Their shipping process is SO slow and they have terrible customer service.

I've ordered 3 things from them, 2 of them took over 14 days to get to me... Of all three items, a Logitech Wave looked like it had been returned, cleaned, and thrown in an OEM blank box. My mom couldn't even find the USB receiver it was so poorly packed.

The Plantronics Bluetooth I bought from them looked used right out of the box... scratches on the side, and missing parts.

The emerson bluetotoh headset i bought from the was the only SEALED item I received, however this item took THIRTY (30) DAYS to get to me, even after an email correspondance of 12+ emails...

I'd get the 5850 over the 6850 if I OCed. Reason being, the 5850 is clocked at 725 and is 10% faster than the 6850 at 775. And they both overclock to the 900MHz range so when you're at the limit the 5850 is a good deal faster.

*In DX11 they're about even, in that case buy whichever you like.

im seriously tempted even though i really cannot afford it... just paid all my bills for the month

lol, they claim the listed price is $519.99? How thoughtful of them to shave $400 off of that :rolleyes:

Not a bad price, but I wouldn't trust 1saleaday with something like this. I've bought things from them before (HDMI cables, other small stuff) and didn't have any problems, but those were just cables and small, solid items. I wouldn't trust them with actual items that cost over $30 and have parts that can fail. Their shipping time is terrible. Expect it to take two weeks, if not more. I also wouldn't trust their shipping packaging, as they usually just ship stuff in bubble bags. Not to mention returning anything to them is a major pain in the ass (and you'll be paying for shipping).

I also wouldn't expect a warranty with these. Yes, I know it says "1 year", but I'm pretty sure they're not authorized AMD seller. Even from an authorized seller, OEM stuff usually only carries a 30 day warranty.

There will be better deals in the future.

6870 > 5850 >> 6850

Not sure where those of you saying 5850 ~ 6850 are getting your info but plenty of reviews show otherwise. $125 for a 5850 is a steal, at least from a purely performance perspective. Obviously you lose out on generational feature upgrades.

List Price $519.99
Savings $400.00 (77%)

trolololol

i wouldnt buy from a site like this.

List Price $519.99
Savings $400.00 (77%)

trolololol

i wouldnt buy from a site like this.

The site is fine if the item is under $30 and isn't something that has parts that could fail. But yeah, I definitely wouldn't buy something like this from them, much less anything they sell that is over $30.

they are a good site, but slow shipping
expect to see it in 2 to 3 weeks

personally I would not pay more than $100 for that card considering that it is on the verge of being 2 generations old.....

For $125, what card would you recommend then?

Sadly you won't be much better than that. For some reason prices haven't really depreciated for cards like this over the past year. Keep an eye out for good deals on FS/T and other forums that have FS sections

Back