ATI Radeon 9600XT for $159.99

jackbauer

[H]ard|Gawd
just print out the add either for the 9800pro or the 9600xt and go to your local curicut city or best buy and give them the ad and get priematching plus 10%!!! that way you dont have to wait for shipping or get DOA's!! woohoo for you guys

yeah how do you pricematch microcenter, there ad doesn't mention the price, it just says that it is 20% off all vid cards. Do you print up the price from the web and have them call in?

Didn't work, went to both BestBuy and Circuit City with a printed ad (Radeon 9600 XT) none of them accepted they wanted a "legit ad" :(

Originally posted by cmaker
Didn't work, went to both BestBuy and Circuit City with a printed ad (Radeon 9600 XT) none of them accepted they wanted a "legit ad" :(

If you don't have a local Microcenter next to the best buy it's really hard to do. This is their policy from the website

Store Price Guarantee
If, within 30 days* (14 days for computers, monitors, printers and notebooks, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors) of your purchase from Best Buy, you find a local competitor (excluding Internet competitors) offering a lower price on an available product of the same brand and model, we'll refund the difference plus another 10% of the difference. Just bring us a current ad or other verifiable written proof of the lower price, plus your original Best Buy sales receipt to claim your refund. This offer good only on all new in-the-box products of the same brand and model that are available in-store at any other local authorized retailer. It does not apply to competitor's one-of-a-kind or other limited quantity offer, or when a bonus or free offer (such as special financing program or manufacturer's rebate) is included in the purchase. Offer does not apply to BestBuy.com pricing. All returns exchanges and price adjustments must be made in the country of original purchase. Go to the customer service counter for details.

*In California, excludes cellular, digital and PCS phones and pagers.

Online Price Guarantee
At this time, we do not have a price match guarantee. However, if you purchase an item online or at a store kiosk and choose store pick up, and the item is offered at a lower price when you pick it up, you will be charged the lower price.

CRAP!! I just bought the 9600XT for 199.99 at best buy last week! They wont price match this? Darn.. :(

I'm thinking about going to Best Buy (w/ the printed ad) and asking them to price match it.. and if they say no, then I'll tell them that I'm going to return my card and go purchase it from Micro Center..

And if they bring up the fact that they don't pricematch online competitors, then I can always tell them that one of my relatives lives right next to one and that they would buy it for me and ship it...

Do you think Best buy would PM it in order not to lose 160$?

my experience with Best Buy has taught me that they don't care about the individual customer. you can give it a shot, but I doubt they will PM it.

I went to my local Microcenter, and they were out of the ATI branded version, but were subbing the Visiontek version of the same card. I got one. Still $159, and still included Half Life 2. Note, you also get the "Valve Value Pack" or something, which includes Half Life and CounterStrike for free. (Because of the shipping delay on Half Life 2). Installing tonight. :)

CC has it for 149.99 now after 3 rebates orig. 199.99 there is one instant rebate for 10, I don't know if this is regional but check their online ad, and if it doesn't show up put in zip code 76541.

I have the add that circuit city printed showing it for only 149.99.. and the cloest CC to BB is right accross the street! I'm price matching theirs :D

will they price match it if I used gift certificates and cash to purchase the card? I've heard that they wont :( but I'll give it a try

Originally posted by FerminklyMan
I have the add that circuit city printed showing it for only 149.99.. and the cloest CC to BB is right accross the street! I'm price matching theirs :D

will they price match it if I used gift certificates and cash to purchase the card? I've heard that they wont :( but I'll give it a try

they will price match it to 189.99 because they won't count the mail in rebates that CC is ofering.

CC offers it for 149.99 after 20$ mfr. rebate, 20$ CC rebate, and 10$ instant savings.. so I should get BB to price match it at 169.99$ (even then I get 30$ back)

Went to CC, guy said the card (9600 xt) didn't have any rebates, I also couldn't find any rebates for it online, Micro Center is no longer selling the ATI 9600 XT :/

Just got back from CC. I went to purchase the last unit they had and it turned out that they had already sold the 9600XT over the net. So the manager offered to sell me "a similar item" at $199.99. I thought, ok, I guess I'll go look. All they had left was a PNY FX 5900. I gave it a shot and the manager flat out said no way (thought this was gonna happen). So he ended up giving me $100 off the FX 5900.

Is a FX 5900 for $299.99 ($326.69 after tax) worth it?

*edit*
Well after looking at newegg, this was a pretty crappy deal (as far as FX 5900s go). I'll be taking it back I think.

Back