ATI Radeon 9600 for BF2

Wouldnt say smoothly but its the minimum. You should have 1.5 ' 2 gigs of ram though.

Ram is very important.

I had a 7800gt and put full settings. With 512 ram it was soooo slow. as soon as I put 1 gig it was better but it went so smooth with 2 gig.s

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/games-2005_8.html

The 9600pro would probably be about 30-40% slower then the vanilla 6600, so I would suspect that you would have to play at 800x600 w/ medium details to get it to be playable. At that res it should be pretty smooth (even with one gig of RAM since there will be a lot less being displayed on the screen and at a lower detail, therefore less memory gets used).

I use an 9800xt and 1gig's of ram and I run the game @ 1280x1024(my lcd's native res) en everything medium exept for view distance thats @100%, and it runs freaking smooth. Didn't expect it but it's possible :D

btw i get 60/70 fps but with drops to 30/40 fps when a lot 'o' things explode :p

dunno but a 9600xt should be able to run it pretty decent

scraper said:
I use an 9800xt and 1gig's of ram and I run the game @ 1280x1024(my lcd's native res) en everything medium exept for view distance thats @100%, and it runs freaking smooth. Didn't expect it but it's possible :D

btw i get 60/70 fps but with drops to 30/40 fps when a lot 'o' things explode :p

dunno but a 9600xt should be able to run it pretty decent
That's very impressive. I had an overclocked 9600XT for a year and a half and it couldn't even run Halo comfortably at 1024x768.

You must have an absolutely massive overclock on that card because there is no way that it could outperform a 6600 (an eight pipe card) in bf2 by that much at stock speeds.

nope the card isn't oc'ed, but I also think it's very strange that it does run it like that great. But it simply runs amazing, so *me is happy* :D

I have the sapphire 9600 ATLANTIS 256 mb card, and am a hardcore bf2 player. I have an athlon xp 3200+ and a gig of ram, and I play on 64 man servers (low detail of course) without any problems. I do have 3 meg internet, so I get low pings, which also helps.

A 9600 can handle bf2, easy. I play in matches and scrims all the time and I can't blame my computer if I do bad, no lag, just be sure you have your settings on low.

I have the Sapphire 9600 XT 256 megs
It runs okie, lags when the game first loads take a few seconds than its better.
Not with full settings and such, thats to be expected. =D
I really want a new gen top end graphic card, but no money sadly.

RADEON 9000PRO PWNS!!

actually not anymore cuz Digital Illusions decided to be dickwads with 1.2 and now I can't play. Before the patch that time forgot, I was getting, about 25 frames with 768MB and medium settings. Bearable. A modest attempt? No. Pathetic.

Back