ATI Radeon 4870x2 The fastest Graphics card Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressive card, I think we all knew it was going to perform as well as it does, so no surprise there!

I think with the size and power consumption of these cards, I may have to stick with my crossfire 4870 setup for the time being instead of spring for a crossfire 4870x2 setup...

(le sigh - I don't think they will fit comfortably in my Antec P182)

Same length as my GTX280s. I only had to move my hard drives to the lower bay to have clearance in my old P182SE. You should have no problem unless you're running more than 4 drives, Grimspoon.

The thing is now is that i was going to buy the 9800GX2 as i have an EVGA 680i mobo, but as the ATi 4870x2 is so good i just might buy that instead, who needs Crossfire enabled when you have 2in1 already.

Well, I want to see more reviews of 4870x2 crossfire vs 280 sli. I am a dual gfx card kinda guy. So far what I see is biased reviews frmo pc perspective and one other site that dno't even show an SLI GTX 280 only crossfirex 4780x2

I'm in the same boat. I'm currently running an 8800GTS G80, and am looking to upgrade. I just can't decide on what to upgrade to. I'm running 1680 x 1050, and I want to max out IQ and have really good consistent framrates. I do not want any damn stuttering! Now, time to decide whether that's going to be red or green... hmmm... :confused: I do not care how either camp achieves their accomplishments. It doesn't matter. 2 cores; 12. One gigantic chip. Who cares?

Reviews on the 4870X2 look really good though. But I'm not running ultra-high res; at least not now.

Ok I am probably one of the most biased people when it comes to nVidia/ATI matchup because I own a lot of NVDA stock. I mean a freaken huge amount. I own so much NVDA stock that if Jen were to appear in front of me right now I would kick him square in the nuts...... TWICE!!!!

So with that said...... ATI HAS KICKED NVIDIA SQUARE IN THE NUTS!! That is a fact.

The 4870 is better then a 260 for the same price and the 4850 is a great value.

For them to be equal it would have to go like this in my opinion whith everything factored in (Heat, MB type, Memory, etc)....

4870X2 @$500 = GTX280 SLI @450
4850X2 @$300 = GTX260 SLI @300
4870 @$270 = GTX260 @$240 or GTX280 @$350
4850 @$160 = 9800GTX+ @$140

That would be fair price performace equality. I would have a hard time deciding which to buy at those prices.... only problem is only the ATI cards are at the shown price as of right now with the single NVDA cards coming close.

Anybody can see that as of right now ATI has won this round. I am down a boatload of money but one day NVDA will fight back and I will make it back, hopefully. NVDA has a lot of money and they can also design chips very well. Hopefully, for my sake, ATI lit a fire under NVDA and they will come out with something soon to outpace ATI.

For all the rest(noninvestors) this isactually a great thing... who would of thought you could buy a fast card like the 4850 for only $160. That reminds me of the days of old.

Bullshit

Fastest GPU on PAPER. Even that preview that hard did back in july showed that it matched the top nvidia gpu.

he really just resurrected a 7 month old thread for THAT nonsense? too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back