ATI Radeon 3800 X 4 = Fyre Them Up!

EClifton

Weaksauce
firethemupyc2.jpg

those two middle cards are going to get warm.
do a search for this already?

How the hell is that supposed to work? Imagine the amount of heat they produce, and power that they draw?! Insane! And those two cards in the center are going to be starved for air, Probably won't last too long either. The prospect of running four of these puppies is nice however.:D

now why would they be promoting it if it didnt work ?

While i agree it does seem they might get a bit warm, i dont suppose it is bad enough to fry cards

HOLY SHIZA that thing is just a waste 4 cards???? How the hell is anyone who isnt rolling in cash suppose to afford 4 cards, New mobo and power supply ? F ati and nvidia JUST MAKE SINGLE CARDS THAT ARE AWESOME !!!

Thats Hot!

J/k, but sure hell looks like they just rendered here in 3d and browned up her hair and skin, to make the model less slutty, lol.
lmfao

those are only 3850s, wont the 256mb ram starve the cards with all candy turned on at high res?

lmfao

those are only 3850s, wont the 256mb ram starve the cards with all candy turned on at high res?

That's my primary concern, even 512 MB concerns me in the latest DX10 games to be honest. We'll have to see how it all works out.....

The biggest problem is game support and driver's compatibility. AMD would have a hell of a time rectifying both and enforcing game developers to code for multiple GPUs.

yeah, stick it in the last PCI slot lol.if they got two of those bad boys crammed right next to each other, like that... that means they are taking up only one slot... so.... that last pci slot is avail

well you know people are going to do this.....I would just suggest not being the first one. ;)

Ohh yeah sacrifice my X-Fi for a few more frames....right. Not to mention that it will not scale well at all.

3850's won't get that hot at all, even with that crammed space I doubt their heat would build up much, as long as you have a vent over the that part of the motherboard (which 90% of all cases do) you would be fine.

Holy god yes, even using 2xAA that amount of memory will be a HUGE bottle neck for 4 GPU's.

HOLY SHIZA that thing is just a waste 4 cards???? How the hell is anyone who isnt rolling in cash suppose to afford 4 cards, New mobo and power supply ? F ati and nvidia JUST MAKE SINGLE CARDS THAT ARE AWESOME !!!

That's what nVidia does... They then give the option to those who are "rolling in cash" to add another 1... or 3. However this is ATI's way of saying that their cards are half as powerful as nVidia's!

Why didn't they get a motherboard with perfect 4x PCI-E 16x slot setup? Have it so that each PCI-E slot gets an empty slot below it, so they can fit in 3870 instead of 3850. Now that would be killer.

That's what nVidia does... They then give the option to those who are "rolling in cash" to add another 1... or 3. However this is ATI's way of saying that their cards are half as powerful as nVidia's!

If the nvidia does not reduce the image quality. As shown in "Call of Juarez", the nv cards are about 20% slower than ati cards, oh, Xfire scales better than sli too :p

The Nvidia 7950GX2 was that close together as well, and it ran fine without heat issues.

It's cool looking, no doubt, but kind of a waste... still, I want to see some benchmarks of it, it's rather strange that everything is available for purchase right now.... yet there is not a single benchmark :eek:

4xAA FTL

Why didn't they get a motherboard with perfect 4x PCI-E 16x slot setup? Have it so that each PCI-E slot gets an empty slot below it, so they can fit in 3870 instead of 3850. Now that would be killer.

Such a motherboard indeed exists. The MSI K9A2 Platinum. It was available on NewEgg for a bit, but sold out very quickly, both because of its optimal PCI-E slot configuration and because it was the cheapest of the three 790FX boards they had ($180 vs $220 for the others at the time).

think 4 $200 cards... vs say 1 Ultra?

What is the point in even releasing this to the public before driver/software is optimized for it?

I think you better do some research on crossfire/sli because 4 video cards of 1 gig vram != 4 gigs actual vram
I'm not up on the tech, but why is this? Would it be possible to optimize such a situation (drivers?) as these four cards to at least double their memory?

Back