[deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not shure about different backgrounds, but for me all you do is right click/properties/settings, then if you hooked up your displays right there should be an option to "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor". You can also use hydravision a program on ATi's website to do this I believe.

Originally posted by FlipperBizkut
one word:

Ultramon

google it.

Ultramon is awesome, lets you do what you described. Its not free though, but if you got the extra cash its worth it.

I was looking for a way to put 2 different backgrounds and found nothing that can be done. As for spaning, I belive there is a way to span a IE window or any other window on the desktop. It will also span your screen saver.

If you just enable the second display you have 2 desktops that span, check your settings in Hydravision etc etc..

Originally posted by [H]exx
Ok, so I downloaded the trial version of ultramon. It still doesn't do what I want.

I want to either have 2 different backgrounds on each monitor, or have one big one span accross them. Hydravision also does not allow this, what's up with that?

Check the config on Ultramon, it does let you do that.

To have a background span accross the two monitors you have to set it to Tile

You can also get a dual display wallpaper which will span to teh second monitor.

Originally posted by [H]exx
Thank you soooo much. You are the first person to give me a good answer. Kudos

no you want a 3400 x 2400 wallpaper and apply it with ultramon.. i underestimated it at first until i gave it a second try..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back