ATi Canceling X850XT Orders?

centvalny said:
Because early released BBA use the best batches of core gpu and samsung memory........exept for engineering sample cards..

thats BS...

a good batch is totally random...

i remember 3dfx having trouble with their cards... heh.

production must be really shitty for ATi right now. which is not good for the market.

just imagine if 3dfx was still going strong. that would be three manufacterers.....

LyCoS said:
thats BS...

a good batch is totally random...
Its my personal experience based on last year first batch of BBA x800xtpe from compusa..with voltmod to 1.75V/1.8V.... and only 1.69V max (and ovp. shut it off) for newer batch of core from Sapphire x800xtpe...and its not BS...I dont know about you ;)
Heres Sapphire....vmod testing before permanent soldered mod....
xtpe1.JPG

and this ran with Sapphire......http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1426005199

centvalny said:
Its my personal experience based on last year first batch of BBA x800xtpe from compusa..with voltmod to 1.75V/1.8V.... and only 1.69V max (and ovp. shut it off) for newer batch of core from Sapphire x800xtpe...and its not BS...I dont know about you ;)
Heres Sapphire....vmod testing before permanent soldered mod....
xtpe1.JPG

and this ran with Sapphire......http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1426005199

thats 2 cards out of hundreds of thousands...

you probably got a good sample on one and a bad on the other...

fallguy said:
Then dont try to buy from ATi?

I linked to a X850XT in stock, for MSRP. How much easier can it get?

Are you that blinded by your ATI glasses? If ATI can't supply at reasonable levels, something has to be wrong. Or is a company cancelling orders of one of it's flagship products standard practice in your view?

A side from the lack of these cards, it seem that alot of places in the states are jacking the price WAY up.
It would be alot cheaper to buy these cards from Canadian sites then buy from some of these stores you guys have down there.

I am just waiting for my Insurance money and then I am buying a 850xt for $720c. It was hard to find this card and price, but I made friends with a nerd who works in a computer store. :)

HERES A TIP: be friends with nerds in the computer business! :D

Major_A said:
I saw this on the front page so I thought this would be a good place to ask. Is it me or does it seem that since they can not get any of thier "gamer" cards to the public are they in trouble? This releasing PR copies of the card and little more seems like the company is having financial hardships. The X800 XL is supposed to have a MSRP of $299 but I doubt that we will see that price point until the new line of vaporware cards are released. I have an ATi card in my gaming machine but this is the last one. This company seems to be misleading thier customers and to be honest I would rather buy American technology.

Thoughts?

I bought one last night at Fry's in Plano TX for $299.

ATI seriously doesn't give a shit about the end users. All they care about is filling their OEM orders to big businesses like Dell.

The reason for the cancellation of orders was ATI’s target to deliver enough RADEON X850-series products to its partners, among which are add-in-board partners, retail and e-tail partners as well as OEM partners.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20050218173648.html

burningrave101 said:
ATI seriously doesn't give a shit about the end users. All they care about is filling their OEM orders to big businesses like Dell.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20050218173648.html

Probably because of OEM contracts with penalty clauses...

a. Not supplying end users with hardware, unhappy end users
b. Not supplying OEM with hardware, unhappy OEM manufacturer and money out of the bank due to penalty clauses.

Which would you choose?

Majin said:
A side from the lack of these cards, it seem that alot of places in the states are jacking the price WAY up.
It would be alot cheaper to buy these cards from Canadian sites then buy from some of these stores you guys have down there.

I am just waiting for my Insurance money and then I am buying a 850xt for $720c. It was hard to find this card and price, but I made friends with a nerd who works in a computer store. :)

HERES A TIP: be friends with nerds in the computer business! :D

Did you read my god damm post ?

Go to Anitec .. it's CHEAPER .. $599 Canadian

nessus said:
Probably because of OEM contracts with penalty clauses...

a. Not supplying end users with hardware, unhappy end users
b. Not supplying OEM with hardware, unhappy OEM manufacturer and money out of the bank due to penalty clauses.

Which would you choose?

I would choose a. because i'm the end user lol :p.

Major_A said:
I have an ATi card in my gaming machine but this is the last one. This company seems to be misleading thier customers and to be honest I would rather buy American technology.

Thoughts?

Before this turns into an ANTI-CANADIAN rant can you explain to me what exactly what is American technology? :confused: Would that be the GPU that is made in Taiwan, the RAM made in Singapore? Or are you talking about those American companies that sell technology to Best Buy? You know the American based NVidia, or Sapphire, or ASUS, ABit oh wait... none of those companies are American.

Gillette said:
People were saying the same thing when the X800XT line was released, you can't blame ATI if Samsung can't fill their orders*.

*Samsung being the RAM supplier for the X800 line. For the most part they are responsible for the lack of actual X800XT PEs due to their inability to fill the orders from ATI.

Gillette I couldn't agree with you more! And finally my point and thunder were stolen by Crimson Evil when he said.

CrimandEvil said:
Honestly I don't think theres any availablity issues, ATI is simply just selling these units to OEMs then to end users. They make more money and the enthusiast gets screwed unless he wants to pay over MSRP or get an Alienware or Dell.

To say you are not buying ATI and want to stick to American technology is unfounded and not a very educated answer/opinion to have. Because I still do not have an understanding of what you mean by American technology. If BFG was having problems with their suppliers and they are a great American company who would you blame then? Canada? Taiwan? Or would you go to another great American company VisionTek who are selling ATI and having the same problems?

Rebuttal?

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah I waited 8 months to the day for my x800XTPE from ATI that I bought at 60% of the MSRP. Was I mad about the wait? HELL YES. But gaming never looked so good!

ReVRiN said:
Oh yeah I waited 8 months to the day for my x800XTPE from ATI that I bought at 60% of the MSRP. Was I mad about the wait? HELL YES. But gaming never looked so good!

your say they just filled your order for a X800XTpe?

fallguy said:
Then dont try to buy from ATi?

I linked to a X850XT in stock, for MSRP. How much easier can it get?

Walking in a store and buying a damned card. I dont like to order hardware online and having to wait anywhere from 3 days to a week to get the damned thing because why would I pay for the overnight or 2 day shipping charge and make it cost more than walking in a store and walking out with one?

I went from Nvidia only to an ATI card for the 9800Pro. Now it looks as though i'll be going back to Nvidia because you can find a plethora of their new cards all over the place and they have better performance and drivers to boot.

BoogerBomb said:
Walking in a store and buying a damned card. I dont like to order hardware online and having to wait anywhere from 3 days to a week to get the damned thing because why would I pay for the overnight or 2 day shipping charge and make it cost more than walking in a store and walking out with one?

Well, I bet its cheaper to pay online and have it shipped than it is to pay sales tax on it. Plus you don't have to wait 3 months for a store to get 3 in stock, and sell out before you get down there. :)

BoogerBomb said:

I went from Nvidia only to an ATI card for the 9800Pro. Now it looks as though i'll be going back to Nvidia because you can find a plethora of their new cards all over the place and they have better performance and drivers to boot.

As noted above, tax kills any high dollar purchase around here. Its 9.25%. Making a $500 purchase almost $550.

I would much rather wait a few days and save $40-$50.

NV has cards all over the place? You found some PCI-E 6800GT and Ultras in stock locally?

ATi is cancelling the orders, because they dont want to leave people waiting forever. Yes it sucks, but its for the better. They are going to fill the OEM, and retail market first, and themselves last. So its better to cancel an order, instead of leaving them waiting for months on end.

fallguy said:
As noted above, tax kills any high dollar purchase around here. Its 9.25%. Making a $500 purchase almost $550.

I would much rather wait a few days and save $40-$50.

NV has cards all over the place? You found some PCI-E 6800GT and Ultras in stock locally?

ATi is cancelling the orders, because they dont want to leave people waiting forever. Yes it sucks, but its for the better. They are going to fill the OEM, and retail market first, and themselves last. So its better to cancel an order, instead of leaving them waiting for months on end.

no it's better to never take the order in the first place if you don't intend to fill it...let them prioritize however they want...just STOP LYING to people...

dfedders said:
Well, I bet its cheaper to pay online and have it shipped than it is to pay sales tax on it. Plus you don't have to wait 3 months for a store to get 3 in stock, and sell out before you get down there. :)

It is cheaper. Plus he lives in texas too. Some of my orders from chiefvalue and zipzoomfly get routed through texas and they get here in 2 days (free shipping too). He should be able to get his stuff the next day unless they deliberately keep it for a day at the fedex shipping ramp.

Wanab said:
your say they just filled your order for a X800XTpe?

Yeah I did! Scary isn't it... I have another thread in the ATI video card section.

ok .. seriously though

if you live in the states and u want this card .. send me the money through paypal and I will buy it for you and send it to you ofcourse I'm not sure how much the total will be but atleast you'll have the card

Seriously this is sad .. You guys are suffering big time ...

edit: yes I live in Canada

this is a link to NCIX US dollars

http://www.us.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13968&vpn=3025&manufacture=Connect3D

gordon151 said:
It is cheaper. Plus he lives in texas too. Some of my orders from chiefvalue and zipzoomfly get routed through texas and they get here in 2 days (free shipping too). He should be able to get his stuff the next day unless they deliberately keep it for a day at the fedex shipping ramp.

I have only placed 3 online orders using the free shipping gimmicks the shops have and received them all after 3 days. One from Newegg, one from 3dcool, and one from that place that went under that i saw mentioned here in the forums a few months ago.

My options have become very limited lately on Atholn 64's though and I just might have to buy them online and wait for forever again because Frys only has 2 different ones in stock at any given time and they are never ever the A64 3000+ or the 3200+. They are always the really expensive ones. I dont like having to wait to receive something that is already paid for and that I have to trust to a shipping company not to destroy.

^eMpTy^ said:
no it's better to never take the order in the first place if you don't intend to fill it...let them prioritize however they want...just STOP LYING to people...

Yes its better to have not taken the order in the first place. Its also better to cancel the order, and let someone shop elsewhere that has them in stock. They are being upfront and honest about why they cancelled the order. You didnt order one, so stop complaining.

fallguy said:
Yes its better to have not taken the order in the first place. Its also better to cancel the order, and let someone shop elsewhere that has them in stock. They are being upfront and honest about why they cancelled the order. You didnt order one, so stop complaining.

With that logic you shouldn't be defending them then either.

ReVRiN said:
Before this turns into an ANTI-CANADIAN rant can you explain to me what exactly what is American technology? :confused: Would that be the GPU that is made in Taiwan, the RAM made in Singapore? Or are you talking about those American companies that sell technology to Best Buy? You know the American based NVidia, or Sapphire, or ASUS, ABit oh wait... none of those companies are American.
Are you aware that nVidia is located/founded in California? Are you aware that the are the ones that develop the technology and sell it to partner companies to actually make the cards?

Major_A said:
Are you aware that nVidia is located/founded in California? Are you aware that the are the ones that develop the technology and sell it to partner companies to actually make the cards?
Blueprints made here and manucfactured elsewhere :)

The Fry's has 6 visontek x850's in stock as of noon eastern. Up on the top shelf. They were listed for $549. No BBA cards of the x8xx series were anywhere to be seen.

Last edited:
BoogerBomb said:

well it's usually (a lot) cheaper ordrerng on line than buying from a retail store as long as 1)you know exactly what you want 2)The thing you want is not available in retail stores 3)shipping over long distance won't have a chance damaging that thing and 4)you are not planning to just try it out then ship it back for return or exchange. By all means, if anything that costs more than 50 dollars, I'd rather go with the walk-in services. It's such a hassle if anyhting not right then you have to return it on line. Waiting for the shipment to come is another reason why I don't like shopping online. IMO, buying anyhting overly expensive or exceedingly big like a big screen TV online is plain silly.

I was able to purchase my ATI X850 XT PE (OEM) $565 with all the accessories from FuturePowerPC.com. I ordered it last Sunday, and it shipped out Monday. It arrived at my door on Wednesday using the FREE UPS Ground shipping that they offered. I am very pleased with the card so far. I haven't really got much time to play with the overclocking, but it pretty much seems already tapped out, unless you change the cooling.

PruBowl300 said:
I was able to purchase my ATI X850 XT PE (OEM) $565 with all the accessories from FuturePowerPC.com. I ordered it last Sunday, and it shipped out Monday. It arrived at my door on Wednesday using the FREE UPS Ground shipping that they offered. I am very pleased with the card so far. I haven't really got much time to play with the overclocking, but it pretty much seems already tapped out, unless you change the cooling.

what are your highest stable clocks?

Well, just messing with it today, I have only overclocked the core to 560. I played a few different games, and had no problems. I will keep tweaking it.

Back