ATI/AMD Catalyst 7.9 Hotfix took away my 1680x1050 rez??

TheBeelzebub

Limp Gawd
I put in the new hotfix, since I play TF2 and I wanted that bug fixed. I restart and everything seems ok. Then I go to change my rez by just right clicking, properties, settings, slide bar over..... WHERE IS MY 1680x1050!!! I use a FW900 HP (24inch widescreen CRT) and that is the rez I use in almost every game I play and my desktop. Here is a screenshot in Control Center showing that it is not even an option.

Others are noticing the exact same thing with other ati video cards using XP. However, those with Vista don't seem to have this problem. I would submit a ticket to let them know.

I submitted a ticket last night. No response as of yet, and its not in their database yet either.

I also did not realize, but there are a ton of other weird resolutions too.

No game will have that resolution. Also, any game that was set to that resolution prior to the hot fix will revert back to it's default settings.

yeah, that rez was completely unavailable. I ended up uninstalling the driver, driver cleaned it, reinstalled 7.9 cat's without the hotfix and left it alone.

i'm using this driver and have this res

Samsung 225BW on DVI
with ATT not CCC

Sapphire X1950Pro 512mb AGP .

I'm using 7.9 with a 1900XT and am not experiencing this issue. 1680x1050 works fine for me.

Seems like a retarded question but does anyone think that having CAT 7.6 is a bad idea with a X1650 Pro?

The comments I read on the latest CAT drivers aren't encouraging.:eek:

I am running 7.6 on my 1950, 7.7 and 7.8 crashed a lot so i went back to 7.6, seems pretty stable

Please be specific and state that you are not having these issues with the 7.9 Catalyst and Hotfix combo. If you have no clue what the hotfix is, please ignore this thread.

No game will have that resolution. Also, any game that was set to that resolution prior to the hot fix will revert back to it's default settings.

half-life, hal-life 2, fear, wow, and just about any game made past 2005. I game with a monitor that has 1680x1050, there are only a few games that I have played that don't have that rez, mostly just empire earth and warcraft 3.

Go to fry's and you will see there are lots of monitors in the 16:10 range, inculding 1680x150.

half-life, hal-life 2, fear, wow, and just about any game made past 2005. I game with a monitor that has 1680x1050, there are only a few games that I have played that don't have that rez, mostly just empire earth and warcraft 3.

Go to fry's and you will see there are lots of monitors in the 16:10 range, inculding 1680x150.
Your response make no sense to the post that you quoted. Nor does it make mention to:
Cat version
OS version
video card version

At this point your post seems off topic to this thread.

obviously I have the hotfix and 7.9 installed or else I wouldn't be posting in the thread!

Also

WinXP SP2

Back