ati aiw 9700pro OR aiw 9600xt

I am looking at purchasing an all in wonder 9700pro (OEM - no remote or video editing software) for $300 Canadian, but a local store just dropped the price of the all in wonder 9600xt (retail - everything included) to $315 Canadian.
If I get the aiw 9700pro I can grab free video editing software somewhere and pay another $42 for the ati Remote Wonder, bringing the total to $342.

What would you buy?

If you game, get the 9700Pro for the 8 pipelines. If you are only looking for a TV/video cap card, I guess the cheaper of the two is fine.

Ya, I would say that I game a fair bit, I am leaning toward the aiw 9700pro but the Remote Wonder II and the dual monitor that come with the aiw 9600xt are making me question my decision.

computerfan said:
Ya, I would say that I game a fair bit, I am leaning toward the aiw 9700pro but the Remote Wonder II and the dual monitor that come with the aiw 9600xt are making me question my decision.
I would suggest getting a non-AIW card and also getting a card such as the tv wonder, if it is cost-effective.

Scott

I have thought of that too, but I ended up buying the aiw 9700 pro (oem). I figured the price wouldn't hit $300 cdn for a while and if I want the remote I can handle the extra 40 bucks. Or I could even get the ATI TV Wonder Pro with the Remote and then have picture in picture. I just wish this 9700 pro wasn't oem, then I would be so happy.

Back