ATI AIW 9600 Pro Radeon + Linux

caffiendo

n00b
I am planning on buying 2 new monitors to replace my 17" LCD's that I have now. I have 2 Samsung 710N's and am looking at buying 2 20.1" SCEPTRE X20WC-Gamer's.

The video card that I am planning on using is an ATI All-In-Wonder 9600, 128mb RAM. This card is currently in a box running XP Pro, but I am planning on putting it in my Linux box. I want to run the card at the monitor's maximum resolution 1680x1050. When I go to the display properties (in XP), it gives me the option for 1680x1050 for the second monitor, but 1280x1024 is the max it will allow for the primary monitor. Does this make sense it is limiting the primary to that size?

Finally, I would like to get the TV Tuner working, but I hear that it is tuff to impossible to do that in Linux. Is there a way to do this? I have a Hauppauge PVR-150 as well (which is what I'm using b/c the ATI Tuner is fighting with XP:confused: ), which I would like to use as well with MythTV. Does anyone know a work-around for the AIW?

Finally, if this card won't work with 2 1680x1050 monitors, what is the best way for me to set this up? Add another video card?

Back