ATI 9800Pro 128mb, AMD Athlon 3200+, 768mb noname ddr400mhz, Half-Life 2 Settings?

Jasonizer

Weaksauce
Dear Hardforum.com Members,

Hello, I have;

ATI 9800Pro 128mb
AMD Athlon 3200+
768mb noname ddr400mhz
Nforce2 Soundstorm Digital Soundcard and digital speakers
19" Trinitron

I was wondering what I should set my Half-Life 2 Settings to like resolution and filtering? Help would be great I know I could use my /com showfps 1 command but I am sure there are enough peeps here with the knowledge of my system specs to know what to set it to right off the bat!

I have pretty much the same specs as you, I am overclocking the shit outta everything though, I am aiming for high @ 1152x864, I think it will do it too. I will find out soon enough :D

Same thing except 512MB ram(it really shows that it's inadequate for this game)
Everything on high except textures(not enough ram)
2xAA
2xAF
Runs great

GeForce FX6800 128mb
Pentium 4 3.0ghz Northwood
1gb PC3500 RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS with 5.1 surround speakers

So it should run on those settings ok? Think I'll pick up HL2 today...

This is hilarious, both are top of line systems, if they dont run just "ok" than 99% of the mass public will not be able to play this game.

In conclusion, yes..it will play the game just fine.

Hehehe, sorry. First time I've had a high-end system and it just feels good hearing that response... :D

jon67 said:
1280x960
no AA/AF
Reflect world
Everything else maxed out

yes that should be great for his system specs... and also.. HL2 uses a shit load of RAM!!!!!!! u guys with 512 better get a gig because on my system with one gig of ram... it uses over 800mb of ram and that's not even in battles because i just tested the game out this morning and i didnt start shooting yet and it uses so much ram.. sheez

Dear Hardforum.com Members,

I am using;

1280x960
2 AA 4 AF
Reflect world
Everything else maxed out

with good frame rates!!

But I am getting this strange checkered pattern appearing in Half-Life 2, what do you guys think it is and how I can resolve it?

Checkered.jpg

Turns out it's this Radeon 9800 Pro replacement ATI sent me, bastards sending me back a defective card when Half-Life 2 is out :(.

PS. I get the same Pattern in 3D Mark 2003 Elephant pixel shading test.

another picture-
Checkered2.jpg

Back