ATI 9800 Pro w/ HDTV Help (Pics)

Jager673

Limp Gawd
What I want to do is hook both the LCD and HDTV to my computer. How would I do that?

EDIT: Yes i know its messy its just for now till i get this to work then im going to clean everything up. :)

The Sony HDTV
PICT1154-1.jpg

LCD Screen
PICT1155-1.jpg

Pure AV Cable
PICT1160.jpg

Both LCD Screen and TV Together
PICT1161.jpg

The ATI 9800 only has one DVI and one vga output! So you would have to hook-up your moniter thru the VGA and the HDTV thru the DVI. What are the input on the HDTV? There are several ways to hook up the HDTV. That all depends on the inputs on your TV. If you only have component input-I have a adapter for the 9800 that I used with mine before I upgraded that goes from DVI to component video!

its also got a PC In (RGB IN) say that i dont want to use both monitors what would I have to do to just use the HDTV?

i mean like right now when i move my mouse over it disappears as if it was going over to the other monitor. So if thats the case then im not getting any video on the hd. I have no idea how to set the HD as the MAIN screen...

Ok well i ran into some minor problems here. I have some official questions about it now since i did Trial And Error. Alright first thing, right now i have the old LCD screen disabled and im typing this on the HDTV. When I want to play a game like Counter-Strike, i have no idea what happens, my HDTV turns black and then random lines on it. Then i have to disconnect the AV cable and wait till my other screen enables it self. When that happens i plug the AV cable back in and then i see the same thing on both screens at the same time same courser and all that. Now what I want to do is be able to make this my official stand-alone monitor. How do i make it not doggle all up and reset it-self?

EDIT: The colors on this display are HORRIBLE!!! Its even on 32 bit colors...

EDIT: I also want my icons and stuff to be SMALL like on my LCD and that, but when i do high or lower the resolution i get the screen to get all blotchy and bloggle up everything with lines.

I don't understand how you're connecting the HDTV to your 9800. What's a pure AV cable? One side looks like DVI.

Anyways, I looked at the specs of your TV, at least I think it's the one you have: http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/se...productId=1003015&navigationPath=32050n100188

It appears to have VGA-in. So, assuming your 9800 pro has one vga out and one dvi out, I recommend you use vga out for the HDTV and use the DVI-out for your main lcd screen. Catalyst should take care of the rest.

Ok what i wanna know so i can get this thing to offically working the way i want it to is, I want the resolution to be the same at the screen but still have smaller icons and suff. This screen is just like an LCD it just resizes everything to take up the same amount of space as if it were on an LCD. I would like to really take advantage of this HDTV or any HDTV for that manner. make everything smaller and all that. Now the other question is, everytime i play a game it doesnt resize it self to that resoloution as a LCD screen would. Yes i know you have to configure the settings but is there a 4rf party program besides the Catalyst Control Center i can use to force it to size up to the games reso and then configure it when its in the game? Plus i need to know if i can just use this hdtv as my screen and take the LCD off. How can i make it so this tv dont decide to black out when it doesnt like a reso i throw at it? it should just force the reso and then if it doesnt look right then click no when it asks d oyu want this reso... Thats all i want to know.

EDIT: The TV i have is Sony BRAVIA KLVS26A10 26" LCD HD-Ready Flat Panel and here are 2 more pics...

PICT1173.jpg

PICT1181.jpg

Back