ATI 9600 Pro Help Plug it in but no video!?

BlinD87

n00b
Well I got my 9600 Pro awhile back. Right now im using a pos old crap agp out of a spare computer, and before this I was using a shitty voodoo5 pci. So anyway I go to plug it into the agp slot, boot the PC. And no video ever. But as soon as I plug this vid card in. Works right away. I really need this card to work. So if anyone can help me out. I'd really appreciate it. :\

BTW Current card is a ATI 3d Rage Pro 2x
Thanks

does the card's fan spin when you turn it on?

does it have a spot for a 3 pin connector at the end of the board? if so is it plugged in?

~Adam

No 3pin connector. And yes the fan does work. I know the card is ok because I tried it on another computer and it worked fine. And also if I let the computer post with the voodoo5, then plug the 9600 into the agp slot. It detects the hardware and such. Just cant get it to boot up and post with the card. :(

Which 9600 Pro is this ... I've got one from GeXCube ... it will not run with an Albatron K8X800 ... this is the second one ... hte mobo just does not like it ... I've trien a 9800Pro on it, and runs flawlessly ... so this is just a simple problem of incompatibility ..

Its an ATI Radeon. And my mobo is a soyo p4s dragon ultra. The whacky thing is. If I run it with 2 video cards. Sometimes the radeon starts working and will go into windows flawlessly. But then when I turn off the computer and restart, it wont work. And wont work with 1 video card. Thing is driving me crazy!!

Also. I do have the latest bios and drivers.

Is this the version that required external PSU connection? What PSU do you have ... could be starving for power ...

Nope. It isnt the external one. And Its a 350watt which prolly isnt the greatest. But i dont think its power as I've tried unplugging all the peripherals and memory to help out. As of right now I'm running on the ati card alone. I booted it up with the voodoo5 in. And magically the radeon got video. So I ripped out the voodoo5. So I'm in windows with a single video card. In the device manager it says I have a Radeon 9600 Series, and a Radeon 9600 Series- Secondary. Both devices working properly.... And only one physical card in the system. Any ideas?

I'm really dredding this cuz I know when I restart this thing isnt gonna get video. :(

when yo usaid you have the newest bios.. did you flash your card AND your motherboard? It's time to call tech support for your specific motherboard and ask for the TOP RUNG tech support ONLY because they are the only ones who will be able to help you.

~Adam

Just the motherboard.

Well get this. Everything works now. Dunno why or how. Restarted it from before and everythings been working. So I guess my motherboard decided to love me today. Thanks for all the input guys. =)

Back