ATI 9600 or Asus 6600le

urbanlegend786

Limp Gawd
hey guys, i am buying a cheap agp(both below are Agp) graphics card, and i wanted to know which would be better for me, i am playing age of empires 3, civilization IV, F.E.A.R.,Counter strike source, BF2, Sims 2, etc., i will be playing these games on Medium/low settings, medium preferably, i dont want to spend much, and i have one guy selling a Asus 6600le(im not sure how much memory, i think 128Mb or ATi 9800pro. The Asus 6600le is 60shipped OBO, and the ATi 9800pro is 53shipped. im stumped :confused: so if you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it! thanks

urban

If your going to spend money on a video card get something with a more horse power, IE 6800 GS. The video cards you are thinking about are not going to give you much performance in the games you want to play IMO. A video card is something you dont want to skimp on, you get what you pay for.

yeah, but im not opsessed with graphics anymore, i had a 7800gtx oc the day it cam eout, but now im over that stuff, i sold my computer and now im just looking to put something into an old sony vaio of mine so i can play soem games

My suggestion would be to buy a used 6600GT on ebay, as they seem to be around $50-$60. That'll allow you to play the games you want at reasonable settings. The cards you selected there are both not worth the money in my opinion. What are the specs for the rest of the system?

I have a 9800 Pro you could buy...I had sold one and now I am going to sell the other.

techie81 said:
I have a 9800 Pro you could buy...I had sold one and now I am going to sell the other.

This is another option I was going to mention, but most of the time you'll find em to be overpriced. The 9800 will perform around the same level as the 6600gt, so if this dude gives you a decent price I'd go for it.

9800pro tbh

i can play counter strike source on 1280x960 with all low except shadows + 4x AA and AF and get 40+ fps just about all the time but i use 1024x768 cus i cant aim with that high res.

BF2 runs fine too if you have at least 1GB of PC3200 ram
i tried fear once on low-medium i think.. or something and it ran pretty good

never played the other games you mentioned :cool:

Back