ATI - 4870X2 - Asus - EAH4870X2/HTDI/2G/A

I have two of them, they work great. they would work much better with better drivers though. especially in XP 64.

Where can you find one?
I heard they were sold out everywhere (or cancelled?).

I found mine in a white box sale on newegg one night browseing around to build a new computer. ONLY 360 bucks! I figured I had better buy it while I could. They were sold out the next day lol.

I see them on ebay every once in a while. Do a google shopping search, there are a few still out there. I think Asus has moved over to all Top card for the 4870x2.

I have one such tri-fans Asus EAH4870x2. I am very satisfied with it, it is very silent. I used to have two noisy ATi cards, and this time I wanted to have a custom cooler solution.
Idle temps are GPU1 44°C , GPU2 42°C , fan speed 1750 RPM.
Load temps are GPU1 55°C, GPU2 52°C, fan speed 2600 RPM. I have Antec 1200 case with good case fans.
I bought the tri-fans card at a local hardware shop here in Finland.
The shop web page says that they don't have this card now, available on (estimate) 1.4.2009:
http://www.lapstore.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=1_22_207&products_id=18901

You can click on the small icon, it shows that it is indeed the tri-fans card.

Do you have any problems with the tri-fans warming any of the other hardware in the case?

I have two of them, they work great. they would work much better with better drivers though. especially in XP 64.

What version of Catalyst are you using? Are they in one machine or seperate machines? and finally which os are you running now?

just ordered one, anyone got one of these open box cards and have had problems?

Any new source besides Ebay for these great cards.
I own one and would like to find another.

:)

What version of Catalyst are you using? Are they in one machine or seperate machines? and finally which os are you running now?

9.2 runs the best on vista64 and xp64 . 9.3 on xp64 is BSOD hell. 9.3 and 9.4 both have severe flickering issues when quadfire is enabled. This may or may not be fixed by enabled gpu scaling and forced timings to get it to work right.

I havent tried the new 9.5's yet.

I have both cards in one box. a 920 OC'd to 4ghz on a evga x58 SLI. Honestly in 99% of gaming I see no performance increase and even a hit outside of benchmarks or 3dmark synthetic tests. The system is totally stable I can prime 95 for a week straight. ATI's drivers are the problem they are absolute SHIT. They work great with just a single 4870x2, one card or the other. Put them both in though and the drivers problems show.

Ati need to do like Nvidia did and let you modify the profles per game and adjust the settings not it's BS all or nothing catalyst AI crap.

9.5 works good. Still no real world performance difference between just a X2 vs crossfire X2

Back