Athlon XP 2600+ Mobile + AN35/N = All Multipliers

Sniper_Merc

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got my Mobile 2600+ from Newegg yesterday.

AXMG2600FQQ4C
AQYHA 0346XPMW

Using a Shuttle AN35/N 400 non ultra motherboard im currently at 166x15 ram 166 1.65 Vcore. (till new PC 3200 arrives.)

Funny thing is, on every post I've seen about overclocking the mobile chips, most of them state that the highest multiplier that they have available is 12.5x, yet this Shuttle board has all the normal multipliers from 6 all the way to 26 available, which is nice ;)

Managed to boot into windows at 2700 MHz on air and post at over 2800 MHz but never got into windows. The new ram should help get to 2600 MHz stable I believe.

At any rate, its one hell of a chip for $100 ;)

Yeah, my NF7 has all the multipliers also. IMHO the shuttle board is awesome (I have one myself in my second rig). I can get about 220fsb out of it, which is better than the Asus board can usually do. The only complaint I have is the lack of vdimm options available. It's a great overclocking board, and I picked mine up for $40. :)

technically you get all the multis, but on for instance my A7N8X, anything higher than 12.5 is the lower multi (IE 13x is really 6x IIRC, stuff like that). I dont know if its the board or what but it does suck. but its ok since I cant get to 12.5 without a huge voltage jump and I like it nice and cool ;)

"The only complaint I have is the lack of vdimm options available."

Yep, was just reading yesterday about a guy that emailed Shuttle about it and they basicly said NO WAY are they going to add 2.8 Vdimm, which kinda sucks.

Still for the price of the board, and the high quality and stability that I've had with mine, I'll be buying shuttle for a while.

"but on for instance my A7N8X, anything higher than 12.5 is the lower multi (IE 13x is really 6x IIRC, stuff like that). "

Yeah I had heard about that on some boards, so it was a bit of a gamble for me to try the mobile chip.

I'm wondering if it's becaue I ordered the 2600+ that all the multi's are available. Most others have been getting the 2400 or 2500+'s

I have an Ultra and I love it. 217 on buffalo CH-5 3200 ram at 2-3-3-11. Nice price for excellent board.

Originally posted by Sniper_Merc
"but on for instance my A7N8X, anything higher than 12.5 is the lower multi (IE 13x is really 6x IIRC, stuff like that). "

Yeah I had heard about that on some boards, so it was a bit of a gamble for me to try the mobile chip.

I'm wondering if it's becaue I ordered the 2600+ that all the multi's are available. Most others have been getting the 2400 or 2500+'s

You can make the higher multis work but you have to wiretrick or hard code it to something over 13x, which is a little more "extreme" than changing BIOS settings

I currently have a Mobile 2600+ also. I first tested it on the A7N8X-E Deluxe, but wasn't satisfied with 2500 Mhz @ 12.5x200 @ 1.7 volts. I wanted the higher Mults and more voltage, so I switched over to the Abit NF7-S for a little testing. I was able to hit 2600 Mhz at 1.85, but the power supply I was using couldn't take it. It would kick out at anything over that. I bet with a reliable power supply, I can hit some nice numbers. I will keep you posted.

Originally posted by PruBowl300
I currently have a Mobile 2600+ also. I first tested it on the A7N8X-E Deluxe, but wasn't satisfied with 2500 Mhz @ 12.5x200 @ 1.7 volts. I wanted the higher Mults and more voltage, so I switched over to the Abit NF7-S for a little testing. I was able to hit 2600 Mhz at 1.85, but the power supply I was using couldn't take it. It would kick out at anything over that. I bet with a reliable power supply, I can hit some nice numbers. I will keep you posted.

You could send it to me to try on my Antec 550, and I'll let you know :D

Back