Athlon X2 Deals *slightly early* at Mwave

anyone have a link handy for which x2 matches up to which c2d?

Where are the hot 939 deals :(

you're not likely to find 939 deals anytime soon, unless someone runs a sale, or you buy used. AMD is no longer interested in that platform. This price drop on AM2 chips reflects that.

anyone have a link handy for which x2 matches up to which c2d?

i'm wondering if that was a joke....

but if you're serious, and you mean non-overclocked chips to non-overclocked chips... i'd say add about 400mhz and you'll be around the same ballpark.... maybe 300-400 mhz, and that is only with certain tasks...

i.e. a 6600 (2.4ghz, 4MB cache) would probably be around a 5600+ (2.8, 2x1MB), maybe 6000+ (3.0, 2x1MB) stock for stock

That's about right. However the Intel version are a tad pricier BUT you can always OC them from there. There is a slight premium as of now.

Man AMD is really cutting down the prices. Great news for us, I just picked up two x2 3600's... they are just so darn cheap!

That's about right. However the Intel version are a tad pricier BUT you can always OC them from there. There is a slight premium as of now.

Intels price cut is in a few days.

Nice for you super-low-budgeters, but Intel's retaliation is just around the corner. E4400 for $113 and Q6600 for $266.....*drool* :D

Can anyone recommend a nice, cheap AM2 board? Doesn't need to overclock at all, just be cheap and reliable.

I'd jump on the 3600+, except that if the price of that with a board is on par with an e4300 and mobo deal from Fry's, then I'd just as well go intel.

The board I use (k9n4 sli-f) overclocks like a bandit, it's like $50 open box at newegg.

The k9n4 ultra-f doesn't overclock well but it's like $3x open box at newegg, and $50 new.

It isn't greatest board features wise.. but it works, and it's nice and stable. With the memory discount at newegg, you can buy mb/proc/2gb of gskill for like $180.

Peace,
Josh

MSI is not so great. They really have fallen off. Not that they were ever the best but their OC ability has really dwindled.

Cheapest I could find that was decent was this. The Tforce series are decent OCers on the AM2 side.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138074

I would spend a bit more and get this though. Yea... old chipset but very good OCer.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136015

Look around the FS forum and you could find some really good deals.

if i wait till the end of the summer to build, what will happen with amd and intel pricing

Yep, I'm actually getting mine at the egg. I just posted this because Mwave dropped the prices earlier than anyone else.

Anyway, I'm thinking a 6000+

:)
That's a 10-4 good buddie, keep the deals coming! :)

Thanks for posting

The thread is about AMD price reductions, not motherboards......if you want to discuss building a system, take it to General Hardware, not HotDeals.

The board I use (k9n4 sli-f) overclocks like a bandit, it's like $50 open box at newegg.

The k9n4 ultra-f doesn't overclock well but it's like $3x open box at newegg, and $50 new.

It isn't greatest board features wise.. but it works, and it's nice and stable. With the memory discount at newegg, you can buy mb/proc/2gb of gskill for like $180.

Peace,
Josh

Can anyone recommend a nice, cheap AM2 board? Doesn't need to overclock at all, just be cheap and reliable.

I'd jump on the 3600+, except that if the price of that with a board is on par with an e4300 and mobo deal from Fry's, then I'd just as well go intel.

MSI is not so great. They really have fallen off. Not that they were ever the best but their OC ability has really dwindled.

Cheapest I could find that was decent was this. The Tforce series are decent OCers on the AM2 side.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138074

I would spend a bit more and get this though. Yea... old chipset but very good OCer.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136015

Look around the FS forum and you could find some really good deals.

I have teh EVGA and it is a great OCer. Foxconn should be the same. He just said cheap :)

i may have to get the retail 6000+ for that cheap, and sell off the cpu cooler :D

Guys. This is great news. Dell has complete systems with 2GB of ram 250GB SATA II drives for 325$. Add this chip to the system, you have a a machine with a 3GHZ AMD X2 for under 500$. Thats a pretty bitching deal if you ask me. Might have to watch the Dell outlet site.

Guys. This is great news. Dell has complete systems with 2GB of ram 250GB SATA II drives for 325$. Add this chip to the system, you have a a machine with a 3GHZ AMD X2 for under 500$. Thats a pretty bitching deal if you ask me. Might have to watch the Dell outlet site.

Never owned a modern Dell before so,
Don't they like make it so you have to have the original CPU and stuff in order to run?

I look at those prices and all that I see is pure desparation on the part of AMD to stay in the game at this point. Wow... just, wow. And I don't mean "wow" in a good way either. :(

I look at those prices and all that I see is pure desparation on the part of AMD to stay in the game at this point. Wow... just, wow. And I don't mean "wow" in a good way either. :(
And Intel dropping the Q6600 to $266 is any different..... :rolleyes:

The thread is about AMD price reductions, not motherboards......if you want to discuss building a system, take it to General Hardware, not HotDeals.

Why do you care? It would be one thing if they're bringing politics or religion into this but this is all relative. What do you expect all our replies to be like ewww wow what a hot deal or hey this isn't a hot deal, etc?

Back